Travel in Russia

Wirral

I know that most cruise critics from America travel with Denrus or Red October as you do not need a separate visa. However my son and I went with Travel in Russia and they were magnificent. We did have to get our own visas, but they were only £30 each and Travel in Russia sent both a step by step guide on filling them in as well as all the necessary documentaion. they took just over a week to get which included postage both ways.

They were cheaper than Red October - important as there was only the two of us and they discussed my enquiries much faster than Red October. I can not fault them. The car and driver were waiting as we left the ship and the car was a large new car with air conditioning. Our guide Irene was a fount of wisdom and so pleasant and friendly. We had the same guide and driver for the 2 days including the trip to the ballet in the evening.

We got exactly what I requested and the driver and guide could not have been more helpful. We had 2 fantastic days and saw so much. Needless to say we bypassed all the lines at the Hermitage and Catherine's palace and not being in a crowd was fantastic.

Just thought I would let folks know of another company that someone had actually used. Pat

Archived