Breakaway boarding time/strategy for Vibe and Chef's Table

Scott2.0

Hi all,

What do you recommend as far as the time to arrive at the port to get an early (general/Latitudes) boarding spot? We really want to get Vibe passes and also the Chef's Table, so I plan on arriving early to have a shot at both.

• Once onboard, where should I go first? I understand the Vibe line is near Guest Services. Is that true?
  • Can I sign up for the Chef's Table at the same spot? If not, where is that sign-up located?
  • Would it make sense for us to split up and one of us go for Vibe and the other the Chef's Table? Or do both need to be present for the passes?

Thanks!!

We were on the Breakaway last week. It was our first NCL cruise. We arrived at the port around 9:15 pm and we were in Boarding Group 6. Upon boarding, we went directly to Guest Services on 6 mid-ship (one floor down) and there was no line. We requested four vibe passes and we were asked if we also wanted a cabana. After learning the cabana included two vibe passes and $100 on-board credit, we decided to go that route. I believe we received the first of the five cabanas. We really enjoyed it - my husband prefers to read/relax in a little shade. In addition, it was VERY windy in Vibe on the last sea day and the cabana provided great shelter from the wind.

We were on the Breakaway last week. It was our first NCL cruise. We arrived at the port around 9:15 pm and we were in Boarding Group 6. Upon boarding, we went directly to Guest Services on 6 mid-ship (one floor down) and there was no line. We requested four vibe passes and we were asked if we also wanted a cabana. After learning the cabana included two vibe passes and $100 on-board credit, we decided to go that route. I believe we received the first of the five cabanas. We really enjoyed it - my husband prefers to read/relax in a little shade. In addition, it was VERY windy in Vibe on the last sea day and the cabana provided great shelter from the wind.

Hey, a fellow Zonie! Thanks for the info. 9:15am and boarding group 6 - wow! I was thinking closer to 10 but I guess I'll get there even earlier. At any rate, I'm glad to hear that you got Vibe passes.

Anyone else with info is also much appreciated. Still wondering about the Chef's Table and where to go.

Thanks again!

Can someone tell me what the Vibe is? . I will be on the Breakaway in January.

Can someone tell me what the Vibe is? . I will be on the Breakaway in January.

Vibe is a pay for adult only area n the Breakaway and Getaway.

$79pp for the week or $299 for a cabana for 2 people with a $100 OBC towards food/beverage.

Do a search and you'll find plenty more info.

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Anyone else have any advice as to when to arrive at the cruise terminal in NYC? I obviously don't want to waste time sitting around, but would like to get there early enough to not have to stress out over missing out on Vibe, etc.

Thanks!

Did you get Vibe passes or the Chef's Table?

No, figured too late for the Vibe pass, being in a later boarding group. I was just letting you know what time we got there, and when we were allowed to board. Since people were boarding for a half hour before us, I figured they'd be gone - we got spa passes instead.

No, figured too late for the Vibe pass, being in a later boarding group. I was just letting you know what time we got there, and when we were allowed to board. Since people were boarding for a half hour before us, I figured they'd be gone - we got spa passes instead.

My thinking is I would rather wait at the port than and get on first rather than taking my time to get to the port.

My second cruise with my son, we got to the port around 11:15. We were going on Carnival. We got on the ship about noon. While hanging out in the ship, we noticed that more people were coming on but slowly. The computers went down and they had to do check in by hand.

So it's not just getting there early to get something, you never know what might happen.

wasiii

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app