Formal night dress code

khut

Will be sailing on MSC Divina in December, first time with MSC but have sailed on many other ships.

Curious as to formal night dress code for both men and women.

Would hubby be all right wearing dress pants, long sleeve shirt and tie but no jacket?

Could I wear dressy slacks and sparkly top rather than a dress?

Will be sailing on MSC Divina in December, first time with MSC but have sailed on many other ships.

Would hubby be all right wearing dress pants, long sleeve shirt and tie but no jacket?

I think that both of you would be just fine with those outfits. There will be a few who are less dressy than that but I would not go that road as you usually stick out like a sore thumb (unless you intend to visit the buffet on formal nights and then I personally do not believe you should have to dress up).

You will both be fine. More people dress up than on any other ship I've been on since the 80's. But not everyone. I did see what to me is an inordinate number of tuxes, but I also saw others dressed as I was; Dockers type pants and a nice Hawaiian print shirt. The folks from Europe seemed to dress up more than Americans. My wife dressed much like what you describe for yourself. The dining room management seemed unconcerned and the waiters went on with the job! I did wear nice new shorts on a non formal night without problems, but my wife told me they were checking me out at the restaurant reception desk.............so, I went with long pants on the other nights.

You will both be fine. More people dress up than on any other ship I've been on since the 80's. But not everyone. I did see what to me is an inordinate number of tuxes, but I also saw others dressed as I was; Dockers type pants and a nice Hawaiian print shirt. The folks from Europe seemed to dress up more than Americans. My wife dressed much like what you describe for yourself. The dining room management seemed unconcerned and the waiters went on with the job! I did wear nice new shorts on a non formal night without problems, but my wife told me they were checking me out at the restaurant reception desk.............so, I went with long pants on the other nights.

Thanks to all for the info!

I personally could care less what anyone else wears. I find it very bourgeois that someone would be offended but a Hawaiian shirt. The theme nights are suggested, they are not mandatory. I have worn dressy cocktail pants and sparkly top and also a LBD. But I certainly wouldn't think less of someone for not dressing up.