Taxi from BOS to Port

Beach Mama3

Hi All,

We just recently changed our plans where we were initially driving to Boston from Toronto to pick up the Dawn to now flying in to BOS and taking a taxi to the port in the AM (Don't worry, we arrive early!).

We had plans on bring pop on board the ship. It now looks like we will have to make a stop with the taxi at a grocery store in order to make this happen. Anyone out there know of a grocey store close to the Port that would be an easy stop?

Beack Mama

There aren't any grocery stores near the pier. The closest I believe is Stop & Shop, but others who really know the area may have other suggestions.

713 East Broadway

South Boston, MA 02127

Stop & Shop #0053

There is also a 7-11 on the waterfront. This is the closest store to the pier and won't cost you a fortune in taxi fare to get to:

7-11 Boston Waterfront

200 Seaport Blvd World Trade Center

Boston,Massachusetts02210

(617) 737-2695

The airport and pier are across the harbor from each other. The cost to take a taxi to an actual grocery store and back might exceed the soda savings.

You could take a taxi to the 7-11 mentioned above and walk to the port (about 10 minute walk straight down seaport blvd/northern ave). There is also a place called J Pace and Sons (sandwich shop with small market) which I believe sells 12 packs of soda.

Instead of a taxi, you can also take the silver line (a long bus with luggage racks) for free out of the airport. Massport or the MBTA website would have more detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by ml427

Post back if you're interested in the free Silver lLine from the airport. It stops at most terminals right outside the luggage claim and has a low step and luggage racks. It would be possible for you to go to the inside station at World Trade Center and walk to the 7-11. One person could stay with the luggage inside the station while the other person walked over to get the soda. The person inside the station would not have to pay another fare which would be $2.65 for the person getting soda.

However, do post back because you need more details to effectively execute this strategy.

• 4 weeks later...

I have not been to that particular 7-11 so I am not sure if they have 12 packs of soda, the small 7-11 I went to in Boston did not. There is a large 7-11 near the aquarium where you might do better. The water taxi is an option from the airport. The big 7-11 is not far from where it docks.

There aren't any grocery stores near the pier. The closest I believe is Stop & Shop, but others who really know the area may have other suggestions.

713 East Broadway

South Boston, MA 02127

Stop & Shop #0053

There is also a 7-11 on the waterfront. This is the closest store to the pier and won't cost you a fortune in taxi fare to get to:

7-11 Boston Waterfront

200 Seaport Blvd World Trade Center

Boston,Massachusetts02210

(617) 737-2695

Edited by Jen1000