Quantum NY Arrival

with Quantum arriving in NY in just two months, does anyone plan to be there to watch her sail in? i plan to be there as it will be exciting to see

Yes we are going to watch! Going to drive to the ny side of Verrazano bridge and park by walking path. Want to watch her sail under the bridge for first time! :D

Edited by transam84

with Quantum arriving in NY in just two months, does anyone plan to be there to watch her sail in? i plan to be there as it will be exciting to see

I'll definitely be there!!! Wave at me as we go by underneath!! :-)

I, along with many others from the QN 11/2 Maiden Voyage roll call, plan to be up on deck waving our flags and banners etc as we pull into Cape Liberty on 10th November :D

Ship is going to Bayonne, but it passes under the Verrazano, and being originally from Brooklyn, I know there is walking path along the river right before bridge on Brooklyn side. It offers great views of ships passing under. Hoping for some great pictures with less crowds. :cool:

Haven't decided where I'm going yet, but I'll be somewhere watching her come in!

I have decided where I will be... right in front of my computer screen watching her arrive on the NYHarbor webcam with a hot cup of coffee in my hand :)

For those of you there in person I will look for the photos :)

http://www.nyharborwebcam.com

I have decided where I will be... right in front of my computer screen watching her arrive on the NYHarbor webcam with a hot cup of coffee in my hand :)

For those of you there in person I will look for the photos :)

http://www.nyharborwebcam.com

I do plan on taking photos and videos

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Nothing saying the will not, when she is arriving (hopefully) delayed a bit it should be day break.

They cannot delay arrival as there are passengers getting off who have flights,taxis, shuttles etc all arranged.

It was different for Oasis & Allure, they did not have passengers onboard.

I would think they might come in even earlier than 6:00 a.m. Most of the ships like to arrive early (before daybreak).

If planning on being there ..... I would be early 4:30 a.m. at least.

The Oasis of the Seas was (may still be) arriving at 4am yet her actual listed time was much later. The time listed seems to usually be associated with when the passengers should be able to start getting off. I would be surprised if the Quantum did not arrive at 4:00am, 5:00am at the latest. Once she arrives she will have to go through customs and some other steps that are not normally required on a round trip sailing before being allowed to let passengers off.

A spectacular view of the ship, coming into the narrows to NY harbor from under the Verrazano Bridge is at the very foot of Hylan Blvd on Staten Island. Just sayin!

The exact spot and location of the NYharborwebcam.com