How early do they accept luggage for the Dawn in New Orleans?

ClarkBHM

We are arriving late Saturday for a Sunday departure and are staying staying at a hotel near the airport. We would like to drop our luggage off on Sunday morning and walk around New Orleans before boarding in the afternoon. Does anyone know how early the porters accept luggage for departure?

Thanks for the info!

If you can get to them, they will take your stuff about 8:30 or 9. But it will be crazy as that's prime time for departing guests. That area is very congested with one narrow one way street. Once they have your luggage you have until about 3 or so to get back. Do not be late, once they shut the gates it's all over.

If you can get to them, they will take your stuff about 8:30 or 9. But it will be crazy as that's prime time for departing guests. That area is very congested with one narrow one way street. Once they have your luggage you have until about 3 or so to get back. Do not be late, once they shut the gates it's all over.

Thanks. We'd probably be taking the taxi to the cruise port to drop off our bags, but you're suggesting that it might be too crowded?

I would seriously think about a hotel near the French Qtr so you can see the sights on Sat night. Then walk around Sunday morning, then go back and get our bags.

Airport area is well...

Would love too, but we're getting in late and travelling with little ones. I'm not sure that they would appreciate an evening stroll as much as we would. The price difference is pretty significant as well; it appears that several of the hotels have already sold out and the cruise isn't until January!

We are also on the same cruise on the Dawn with OP. We are staying at the Hyatt Place on Convention Centre Blvd (very short walk to the pier). My question is regarding what time do they open in the morning to allow departing cruisers to check in? I think I read in a post they open at 10 am. I wouldn't normally be concerned but we have two Seniors, my Mom and her friend, travelling with us who will be up and ready at the crack of Dawn (pun intended). If someone knows the answer for sure, I will be able to tell the "Golden Girls" in our party what time we will be heading to the ship. Thanks:)

Once we arrived around 9:30 AM to the Julia St terminal for NCL and the porters took our bags, but we were told we couldn't enter the terminal until 10AM. We went to the Riverwalk for about 30 - 45 minutes. Came back to the terminal and were allowed in. I think they allow you in starting at 10AM

Once we arrived around 9:30 AM to the Julia St terminal for NCL and the porters took our bags, but we were told we couldn't enter the terminal until 10AM. We went to the Riverwalk for about 30 - 45 minutes. Came back to the terminal and were allowed in. I think they allow you in starting at 10AM

That is good to know. Now I have an answer for the rest of our group. Thanks!

Hotels will hold your bags for you. We stay at the Westin in the French Quarter. We check out and they hold our bags for us until we are ready to get a cab to the ship.

Yes, but our hotel is out by the airport. Don't really want to go from there, all the way into town, back out to the hotel, and back to the cruise terminal.