Dream Cabin 11203..upgrade offer question

happywife0921

I just received an online upgrade offer for this room, as I had just upgraded to a gty OV. We ended up getting a cabin 1236 but have now been offered this room. I looked and it seems to be a huge room, and I'm certain its wheelchair accessible. Would you accept this upgrade? I would just hate to feel like I'm taking a room away from someone who might decide to book within the next 10 days and need it. There are only 2 OV rooms left period, and this is one of them.

Yes, it is a handicap room, but if you are only 10 days from sailing, then I think you should feel free to accept it. Carnival wants to fill it with someone, and with such a short time before sailing, it is apparently going to be you. Enjoy your cruise!

That's a tough call. I stayed very close to 1236 in January, and I LOVED the convenience of that location. While most of the ship was flooding the elevators (before/after dining & shows, getting off/on the ship in port, debarkation), I just took a couple flights of stairs to where I was going. So nice! Your deck 1 room will experience far less motion, since it's much lower & closer to midship. Your deck 1 room has an extra half-bathroom, with a sink & junior tub/shower. 2 people can shower at the same time. The deck 11 room will have just the 1 bathroom.

The deck 1 room will have a full oceanview, unobstructed, and it's so awesome being that close to the water. The deck 11 room looks out onto a public deck. You'll see some ocean (from way high up), but you'll also see the deck's barrier. Anybody can go out on that deck at anytime, so keep the shades closed at night. However, it is not heavily used by the public. Some people in these rooms think of that deck as a large shared balcony.

The deck 11 room is a Cloud 9 Spa room, but if you are getting this upgrade for free, I don't think you get the spa access. If you do though, keep in mind that only the 1st 2 adults get it. You can ask if you would get it, and if they say yes, then I would say to take the upgrade. Otherwise, it's a bit of a toss-up. But for me, with no spa access, the deck 1 room would be better for the convenient location & the extra half-bath & the better view.

We were in 11204 which is the same room on the opposite side of the ship. We were booked in an inside room, but due to a price drop this room was available at a lower cost then our inside so we booked it. We were so glad we did. While it is an oceanview, you can walk right outside your room and access a huge balcony across the front of the ship. The whole cruise I maybe saw 6 people on the balcony. So its like your own private balcony. The room is huge, and has a larger bathroom then most due to it being a handicap room.

I would not hesitate taking this room. If for some reason someone with a disability needs the room, the worst that can happen is they will put you into a new cabin of the same category, or better!

I cant seem to attach pictures here but if you pm me your email I will gladly send pics of the room.

it gives you the upgrade of being in the spa cabins which means you get free use of the steam rooms and the thellaso pool normally 249 per couple for the week. Yes these rooms are huge. my dh and ds are both in electric scooters and we had both of tem in cabin and still had plenty of room if you are only 10 days out I would say go for it. if they end up needing the room at the last minute you would surely get a good upgrade. and when you are there make sure you say Hi to Jacinto he is the room steward in that area and he is awesome. tell him hi from his b2b cruisers that just left him.. :)

I had that cabin booked on the Magic (in two weeks).......got a call from Carnival two weeks ago because somebody needed a modified cabin, so I got upgraded to a Spa Balcony cabin.

It's all good, the last time I had a balcony cabin was 10 years ago, I'm excited!! :)