Gym

dfb

Does anyone with Insignia gym experience have any idea if it might be possible to borrow a yoga mat from the gym on occasion? Thanks, Debbie

yoga-mat.jpg

They might, but when a new one on Amazon weighs 2lbs 6 ozs and costs $7.00, it begs the question of why you'd bother-

http://www.amazon.com/Yes4All-ORANGE-Yoga-thick-Long/dp/B00FMHZ8WG/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1410440556&sr=8-8&keywords=yoga+mat

Edited by StanandJim

yoga-mat.jpg

They might, but when a new one on Amazon weighs 2lbs 6 ozs and costs $7.00, it begs the question of why you'd bother-

http://www.amazon.com/Yes4All-ORANGE-Yoga-thick-Long/dp/B00FMHZ8WG/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1410440556&sr=8-8&keywords=yoga+mat

Maybe because they are big and awkward to haul and take up a lot of space in luggage?

And I don't know if you can borrow one or not, sorry....

Maybe because they are big and awkward to haul and take up a lot of space in luggage?

And I don't know if you can borrow one or not, sorry....

Fair enough, but the new ones haven't been sweated on yet-

Just........EEEWWWWWWWW :eek:

FYI I'm sure an extra towel from the cabin attendant would do the same thing without any stress-

Edited by StanandJim

Fair enough, but the new ones haven't been sweated on yet-

Just........EEEWWWWWWWW :eek:

FYI I'm sure an extra towel from the cabin attendant would do the same thing without any stress-

At the risk of violating the Number One Law of the Oceania Forum ("Thou shalt not argue with StandandJim." ;-))... any gym worth its salt keeps cleaning materials handy for mats as they are used. There is a difference between doing yoga, Pilates or other exercises on a nice foam mat rather than a pile of towels that scrunch up under your back and neck.... and move around under you.

My preference would be to just go to the gym and exercise, but that is the OP's prerogative.

I say just go ask at the gym.

But what do I know?

Thanks. I have Parkinson's Disease and it is not clear on a day to day basis whether I will be able to share in a class or group exercise experience. I have a yoga routine that I am comfortable with and if it is not a good day I would prefer to do my own routine alone. I have never had a problem with the sanitation of any public exercise facility, though I would not discount such an experience so thanks for sharing. I will go ask at the gym, but if the answer is no and I have not brought one of my own then I would be out of luck. That is why I was hoping someone here might have a similar past experience.

Debbie

Thanks. I have Parkinson's Disease and it is not clear on a day to day basis whether I will be able to share in a class or group exercise experience. I have a yoga routine that I am comfortable with and if it is not a good day I would prefer to do my own routine alone. I have never had a problem with the sanitation of any public exercise facility, though I would not discount such an experience so thanks for sharing. I will go ask at the gym, but if the answer is no and I have not brought one of my own then I would be out of luck. That is why I was hoping someone here might have a similar past experience.

Debbie

If you have a medical need I am even MORE certain they will allow you to borrow a mat.