To Anyone who has recently cruised on Voyager of the Seas

lrovnan

I just got off the phone with RCCL crown/anchor and the cell phone link on Voyager is ACTIVE.I also have cingular(and going on sept 9th)Make sure you call cingular and have them activate your phone for international calling.Theres no charge for this and the rates are $1.50 per minute with no roaming charge(sure beats $15 per minute that Rccl charges)or go to cingular .com/international.See ya soon:p Glen and Lisa cabin7592

I have a basic nation calling plan (not international) and an older not-GSM phone, and I was able to call home from Grand Cayman with no extra charges. I also had service in Jamaica and Freeport, but did not make any calls from there.I was rather surprised because the coverage map did not show any of these, but it worked. :o

I have a basic nation calling plan (not international) and an older not-GSM phone, and I was able to call home from Grand Cayman with no extra charges. I also had service in Jamaica and Freeport, but did not make any calls from there.I was rather surprised because the coverage map did not show any of these, but it worked. :o

which carrier do you have?

I was going to post about this too. Is the repeater working on the Serenade of the Seas as well?

I wrote Cingular about it and they were clueless about how much it'll cost. I know for my iternary, (southern Carb.), most islands are 1.99 per minute, with San Juan and the US Virgin Islands being free on our Nation GSM plan. Don't know about ship-based pricing.

ASK FOR INTERNATION DIALING AND ROAMING to be added to your account, or you won't be able to dial out. I was in paris for a month and it worked fine, but in Mexico, somehow my Int'l dialing feature was removed and I could only receive calls and send/receive text messages. A quick call to 611 from a friend at home fixed it for me, they even called me to tell me it was now working. Gotta love Cingular! Bermuda might need a tri (850,1800,1900) or Quad band (850, 900, 1800, 1900) phone for the best coverage. I'm not sure if they use US bands (ie 850/1900).

which carrier do you have?

I have Cingular as well.

I've had my phone for 3 years, and my rate plan for at least 6. I went to a Cingular store to ask about purchasing a GSM enabled phone, since I did not see the islands on our itinerary in the coverage area. They told me I would have to change my rate plan to get one, so I decided against it. I was pleasantly surprised to have service in the Caribbean.

Archived