What to use to lighten dark spots on skin?

zcat

Have several dark spots on my skin. Ahuge one on my face that has been there forever. Hard to use rough because that makes it look like a bruise. What do you use? What brand works best? How long until you saw results Thanks for any info.

I've used the new Esoterica on some smaller spots and it has worked well. It took about a week before I noticed any difference. You can put it on in the morning under your make up, and in the evening before going to bed.

I purchased it at Walgreens.

~e

I too had a large mark under my eye. I went to my dermatologist and he gave it one treatment which did not remove it completely. My esthetician gave me a couple of customized facials and recommend I use Physicians Choice pHaze 13 pigment gel . Here is a link http://skincarerx.com/shopping/review_box.html?pid=89. Sure enough, after 6 months it was gone and has not reappeared.

I have been trying for over 6 months to get rid of a patch on my "driver's side" jawline but have not been successful. Going on my Feb 05 cruise did not help even though I wore a hat all the time and SPF 50. I have an appointment with my derm next month so I will see what we can do about it. Some spots just need a helping hand!

Thanks for posting this thread! I have a brown spot on my cheek that drives me absolutely insane. The makeup I use, Mineral Secrets, does a pretty good job of hiding it, but I'd like to lighten it up altogether. Good luck with yours. Let me know what works for you!

I tend to get dark spots on my face from the sun - noticed it after a cruise a couple of years ago. I've used both Joan Rivers Magic and Philosophy's Pigment of Your Imagination. Both work well. I find the Philosophy one worked better when used in conjunction with their Microdelivery Peel.

Last year I kept my face as covered as possible and got a light brown spot. This year I've got SPF 45 for my face and an extra wide brimmed hat. We'll see what happens.

ROMPAR: Thank you. Did you get the product on line or at a drug store? I should have said that this is a birth mark about the size of a quarter or a little larger. I know that there is a make up out there for problems but I don't know what it is. thanks again

ROMPAR: Thank you. Did you get the product on line or at a drug store? I should have said that this is a birth mark about the size of a quarter or a little larger. I know that there is a make up out there for problems but I don't know what it is. thanks again

Depending on the color of the birthmark, you can get powdered concealers that work very well with in conjunction with your foundation. If it's red based, use a green concealer, and if it's purple based use a yellow concealer (basically using the "complimentary" color cancels out the mark.) Just *do not* use a lighter foundation to hide it. I see this all of the time and it just makes it stand out more.

I've used Bare Escentials' bisques (sp?) with good results. Chanel and Christian Dior have excellent liquid concealers, but it's been awhile and I cannot recall the names under which they market them. You may just want to ask their reps about concealers the next time you are in a department store which carries them.

If you want to "play" around with some less expensive concealers, you can pick up Physician's Formula at Walgreens as well.

Use the concealer until the fading cream has had time to work. I think you'll be happy with the results once you get the hang of applying it. Apply it in layers if need be, just be sure not to apply too much or it may look worse.

I was fortunate to have professional make-up artists teach me how to use such things, but it's really easy once you play around with it and find a technique that works best for you!

Best wishes,

~e

Hi everyone,

I think the product suggestions on these posts are excellent. If you have a good budget and are in need of something fast and powerful, you might consider the photofacial. It is delivered via a laser in your dermatologist's office. It is an eraser, of sorts, for age spots, redness and facial veins. It runs around $350.00 per treatment. Sometimes more than one treatment is necessary. The results last about a year, with religious use high spf sunscreen. There is no down time. You can put on make-up the same day. Just an FYI. Not intended as a sales-pitch. I do recommend going to an M.D. for this, and not one of those mall skin centers.

mrsraggy

I originally got it from my aesthetician. After that I reordered online... I found the price was lower that way and I got free shipping.

Alot of great solutions here .... good luck.

Archived