Getaway or Epic

kris2cruise

We were on Getaway this March & LOVED it! So much so that we've booked another trip for this coming March 2015. But now I'm wondering how Epic compares? Thinking maybe a different itinerary and on board activities might be nice. The only thing I'm not sure I like is the bathroom layout....

Oh yeah, we're a family 5 - 2 teenage boys & 1 teenage girl. Had this year & have booked for next year 2 balcony mini suites - for comparative purposes

So I'm looking for opinions (I know this is the right place for opinions, lol) from anyone who has experience with both ships. Which would you prefer & why?

Also, on Epic how did you find the bathroom set up? Weird, annoying, ok??

Thanks in advance :-)

I can't compare yet - we are on the Getaway this November. However, we have been on the Epic 3 times. 45+ cruises - this is currently our favorite ship. We love the bathroom layout. Hubby on the potty, me in the shower, DD brushing her teeth all at the same time. We are really looking forward to the Getaway, but I can't imagine better entertainment that the Epic.

Epic twice and Getaway once for our family of four. Wife and I are in our late thirties and boys are 12 and 10.

We love both of these ships and feel you can't go wrong with either one.

Entertainment

We preferred Epic's Blue Man to Legally Blond.

Getaway's Burn the Floor to Legends on the Epic.

Illusionarium on Getaway and Cirque on Epic were pretty even. Maybe a slight edge to the magic show.

Outdoor Activities

Our boys and I loved the ropes course and slides on the Getaway. A healthy edge over the slides and rappelling wall on the Epic. The other amenities, climbing wall, trampoline and sports court were similar.

Food - very similar.

Room - we had no issues with Epic's bathroom set up. The separate shower, washroom and sink made getting ready quicker for us.

We were on Getaway this March & LOVED it! So much so that we've booked another trip for this coming March 2015. But now I'm wondering how Epic compares? Thinking maybe a different itinerary and on board activities might be nice. The only thing I'm not sure I like is the bathroom layout....

Oh yeah, we're a family 5 - 2 teenage boys & 1 teenage girl. Had this year & have booked for next year 2 balcony mini suites - for comparative purposes

So I'm looking for opinions (I know this is the right place for opinions, lol) from anyone who has experience with both ships. Which would you prefer & why?

Also, on Epic how did you find the bathroom set up? Weird, annoying, ok??

Thanks in advance :-)

Kids will love all the kid stuff they have on the Epic. Bathroom set up, HATED it (so much so that I will never set foot on the Epic again) and I didn't even have kids with me. With kids it would have been completely unacceptable.

Epic, and Breakaway/Getaway are different designs, but in many ways the idea is similar, as is the on-board experience. Although the latter does have some improvements on Epic.

Breakaway/Getaway have conventional cabins although I never had a problem with Epics. (If you share a life how hard is it to share a bathroom? There is a modesty curtain)

Breakaway/Getaway have the 'Waterfront' with many dining options and bars being on an external prom deck so you may get a seat in the fresh-air, if you wanted.

There are some differences in the entertainment too.

Personally I'd go for whichever ship offer the best deal!:)

Edited by London-Calling

I didn't realize Epic was moving to Europe. Oh well, I was just thinking different entertainment might be nice but we'd kinda landed on doing Getaway again before we read about Epic moving to Europe.

We had such an amazing time on Getaway & decided going again will let us do some of the things we didn't have time to do the 1st go around ☺

Epic, and Breakaway/Getaway are different designs, but in many ways the idea is similar, as is the on-board experience. Although the latter does have some improvements on Epic.

Breakaway/Getaway have conventional cabins although I never had a problem with Epics. (If you share a life how hard is it to share a bathroom? There is a modesty curtain)

Breakaway/Getaway have the 'Waterfront' with many dining options and bars being on an external prom deck so you may get a seat in the fresh-air, if you wanted.

There are some differences in the entertainment too.

Personally I'd go for whichever ship offer the best deal!:)

Totally agree! :)