Bringing water and soda

us2inparadise

We have bought a cheap bag and put one 24 pack of water and two to three 12 racks of soda. We have always traveled with enough people to justify this amount. I should say it is heavy to lift. Something to think about if you are carrying on your other luggage as well.

I should note that we almost always have a few cans or bottles left at the end of the cruise and we give them directly to our room steward.

Edited by scuddles

We always bring on a case of water. I have small fold up hand truck that is light weight only about 6"x4"x 2" all folded up. It goes in the luggage at the end of the trip. I roll the water through the endless lines unhook at the scanner, back on to board. It beats the heck out of carrying it that whole way!

You can bring on a 12 pack of soda per person and then bring on an additional 12 pack at any port during your trip. With regards to water, I have read reports of people slapping a room tag on a 24 pack and having it delivered right to their cabin.

Yes, DH and I have done this on both RCCL and NCL. We'll be trying it this year on Carnival. We bought a cheap $10. duffle bag at Target which holds a 24 pack of Poland Spring water perfectly. We put our room tag on it and check it in at the Pier, gets delivered right to our stateroom and we've never had a problem.