Menus in Blu and the french/Ocean Liners restaurants

mamamzee

Lsimon is right. BLU is the assigned dining room for Aquq Class. Never heard of having access to both BLU and MDR, unless you get permission. You might want check with Celebrity on this. BLU is a wonderful venue. The main reason we book Aqua Class is to be able to eat in BLU. It has better food than the MDR. It is a smaller, more intimate venue than the MDR. The service in BLU is the best and most accommodating service we've ever had. And BLU has a much less chaotic atmosphere than the MDR. Give BLU a try; you will probably love it.

If you book early or late dining with AquaClass, you are assigned to Blu exclusively, and it is harder to get into the MDR. If you book Select with AquaClass, it may be a little harder to get into Blu, but I have never known it to be difficult at all. You have access to both. I know people that went freely back and forth. And I checked with Celebrity first. ;)

Edited by dirtgirl

We were on Equinox a few weeks ago. We ate either in Blu (we are two that think it is terrific) or the Tuscan Grill. Friends of ours on the same cruise were able to eat in the MDR if they wanted to do so. Then, they came back for Blu. No problem.

On this cruise, it wasn't an issue for us, but on Summit last year, the Blu waitstaff offered MDR dishes if we wanted them. I guess it depends on the ship, the night, and the waiter, near as I can tell.

Ohiodoglover

If you book early or late dining with AquaClass, you are assigned to Blu exclusively, and it is harder to get into the MDR. If you book Select with AquaClass, it may be a little harder to get into Blu, but I have never known it to be difficult at all. You have access to both. I know people that went freely back and forth. And I checked with Celebrity first. ;)

The information shown in red is incorrect.....

If you have booked an aqua class cabin, you are assigned to blu period. If you book select you are assigned to blu. The choice has absolutely nothing to do with being able to eat in the MDR on the ship.....it only effects how gratuties are handled.

We were on Reflection in May in AQ, a full sailing. We overheard a few people denied their request to go to Select dining , they were sent back to Blu and told that Select was too full to accommodate them. They were offered a spot in the late traditional seating but didn't want to join an established table or wait for late seating to begin. Dining assignments on Celebrity are capacity controlled, with a set amount allocated to Blu for AQ passengers, Select, and 1st and 2nd traditional. This probably does vary from cruise to cruise, but AQ passengers shouldn't just expect that they can turn up at Select and be seated, it's really not fair to those who have been assigned to Select.