Flight home from Tampa Airport

NJLVW

I wouldn't question 11:25... it's totally doable, and not pushing it that close under normal circumstances. I just booked 10:55 out of TPA in fact, and didn't think twice. Of course if there's fog, delayed customs, etc there will be people who booked after 1:00 who might miss too... you can't plan for everything. Are you able to handle all of your own bags? With NCLs self-debarkation you can actually get off quite quickly.

Thank you. You may be right. If there is a fog delay it wouldn't matter what time I chose as I could still miss my flight. I know NCL says not to book before 12:00 and this is real close. After I speak with SW I will have my answer. If they tell me I can do standby for any flight we want then I may just take a chance. Of course doing standby is a chance in itself.

Here is what I would do: Book the early flight in Tampa paying with points, keep the 4 pm flight out of Orlando and cancel whichever you need to! No stress. But here is the clincher - will you be refunded or be given a voucher if you have to cancel the Orlando flight. It is a gamble.

Here is what I would do: Book the early flight in Tampa paying with points' date=' keep the 4 pm flight out of Orlando and cancel whichever you need to! No stress. But here is the clincher - will you be refunded or be given a voucher if you have to cancel the Orlando flight. It is a gamble.[/size']

Good thought but no points. Can't book both as I would need to hire transportation to Orlando. Can't cancel them at last minute not the right thing to do.

I called the airline today. I guess it really doesn't matter which way I decide to go. I am figuring that if there are no delays we get home at a reasonable time. I would be able to get to the airport in enough time. Just have to get off the ship kicking and screaming a little earlier. LOL. If there are delays we will miss both flights as I am sure the transportation company won't wait all day and we would at that point have no way to get to Orlando. If I am going to miss the flight the airlines have told me I just need to phone them and they will allow me to rebook on a later flight as long as there are seats. Of course I have to pay the difference. Understandable. I am now thinking I should just book it and be done. Home from Tampa!

Definitely do it!!

i've been off the Dawn and sitting in the Tampa airport by 9:15am. You must do the express walk off disembark though. You must be ready and waiting outside lined up at least 30 minutes ready to go. You want to be at the front of the disembark line.

Taxi's will be lined up and waiting. You'll jump in one of the first taxi's and be ahead of the game.

Of course there could be a problem, but even with hold up, you can still make the 11:25 flight. If you play it safe and take the 8:30 flight you will be kicking yourself as you're sitting in the airport hearing them announce that flight you could have easily made!

I haven't booked a flight later than noon on any cruise in years and years.

Thank you everyone for all the opinions. I did book the 11:25 flight. I will hope for the best. Of course by waiting to book I lost out on the lower fare because the price increased. :(. Oh well at least if all goes as planned we will be home early without any real wait at the airport. :D

I will come back and let everyone know how I made out.. Although my cruise isn't until January..

Thank you again.