Carnival Med Cruise 2006

DNCButler

Well I've been looking around the board for help and I'm not exactly getting the reassurance that I'm looking for. We are looking into a 12-nt Med cruise for next June. The group has narrowed the search down to Carnival Liberty and this is the one cruise line that I haven't sailed on. I have to admit, I'm a T.A. for over 20 years but I've never sailed on Carnival, and I don't sell much of it either. I'm concerned about the disabled cabins (if we really need one) and if they have ones that will accomodate 3 people. I was on hold for 40 minutes today with Guest Access and finally got a recording to leave a message. So I came here. I'm hoping that someone will be able to describe the bathroom set up as well as balconies. He will have a manual w.c. for mediun to long distances. He can take short walks. Stairs are difficult but he can do buses on and off with my assistance. This is all predicated on the assumption that his MS does not worsen between now and next June. I'm also concerned about this region as I've been to Northern Europe but not the Med. area. Any and ALL help will be appreciated. We are used to Celebrity, RCI and HAL but am weary about the service, accesibility, and willingness of the Carnival lines. HELP!

• 2 weeks later...

Splinter-Yes, that is what I'm looking for. It is a sister ship so I'm looking for info from people who have done the Med on one of the sister ships in the Carnival fleet. Most of my passengers on Carnival are Caribbean passengers and I'm looking for more info on how Carnival sails in that region.

Carnival (accessible) cabins aren't really meant for more than 2.

unfortunately they will tell you differently.

And when somebody ends up in a roll-away in front of the bathroom, what happens when another person needs to use that bathroom in the middle of the night?

Carnival accessible cabins are really meant for 2 only, no matter what they say. I would never recommend more than 2 in them.

If he uses a folding manual wc, and can walk, it sounds like he won't even need an accessible cabin. He can just fold the wc up inside of the standard cabin. And he can walk up a few steps (like the one to the bathroom).

So really he dosn't even need an acessible cabin, right??

Candy

Candy

Archived