Question on refund for a cruise cancellation

cruzincanuck

My Mom & I would like to cruise next March and I have tentatively booked a cruise for us on the BOGO 1/2 off promo.

I was wondering if I have to cancel prior to final payment, is it easy with Royal? Can it be done by phone? and how long does it take to get the deposit back?

Thanks

My Mom & I would like to cruise next March and I have tentatively booked a cruise for us on the BOGO 1/2 off promo.

I was wondering if I have to cancel prior to final payment, is it easy with Royal? Can it be done by phone? and how long does it take to get the deposit back?

Thanks

If you book direct with Royal, you can call them and cancel. You will get a refund in around 5 business days. If you book with a travel agent, you must contact the agent to cancel.

Yes you can cancel easy enough over phone

Suggest put money to another booking though to keep your deposit as normally cancelled booking loses deposit but they will transfer it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Full refund in US and also in I think in Canada if before final payment date. Edited by FLACRUISER99

Thanks

5 to 10 days back on your credit card.

Always ask your travel agent before you book, about cancellation fees. Yes, Royal gives a full refund for canceling before final payment, but some TAs will charge their own fee. Not all do this. I've heard of it being anywhere from $50 to $100. (I'm talking in the USA. No info on out of US)

Edited by Gayle V

Always ask your travel agent before you book, about cancellation fees. Yes, Royal gives a full refund for canceling before final payment, but some TAs will charge their own fee. Not all do this. I've heard of it being anywhere from $50 to $100. (I'm talking in the USA. No info on out of US)

Good reason to book through RCCL. To date we have not had good experience working with a Travel Agent. I know those who swear by them. Not so in our case we do swear by RCCL though.

Good reason to book through RCCL. To date we have not had good experience working with a Travel Agent. I know those who swear by them. Not so in our case we do swear by RCCL though.

Agreed. I called two different local TAs about transferring my current booking to them and they both said they could not offer me anything.

Two more major online agencies offered me 50.00 OBC :rolleyes:

Sorry but that is NOT good enough compensation to let go of the control of my reservation. They also both had a 100.00 cancellation fee.

I have no idea how people get all these good perks. I have never found such a thing.

Edited by ryano