Inner/Upper Interior

usmcsndfle

There is a rail on the bed. You could put a pillow next to it.

Thank you! I've thought about that, but I wasn't sure if that would be enough since it is pretty high off the floor. She sleeps in all types of crazy positions and I would hate for her to somehow slip off through any available opening.

What ship are you booked on? And do you have just 3 booked in the cabin? If it is not one of the 8 Fantasy class ships and it is just 3 of you, you have the option of moving up to a room that has a sofa bed for the 3rd person instead of the upper bunk. The oceanview & balcony rooms on these larger ships will have a sofabed for the 3rd. The sofabed sits even a couple inches closer to the ground, compared to the regular beds.

If the concern is that she moves around a lot at night, I would ask for a mattress to be put on the floor

Good point. And if you are booked on one of the 8 Fantasy class ships or the Triumph, Victory, or Sunshine, those ships do have trundles or rollaway beds. Those are the oldest ships, so those are the only ones that are allowed to have them. So if you are on one of those, you can switch to a room that would be designated to have your daughter sleep in a trundle/rollaway.

What ship are you booked on? And do you have just 3 booked in the cabin? If it is not one of the 8 Fantasy class ships and it is just 3 of you, you have the option of moving up to a room that has a sofa bed for the 3rd person instead of the upper bunk. The oceanview & balcony rooms on these larger ships will have a sofabed for the 3rd. The sofabed sits even a couple inches closer to the ground, compared to the regular beds.

It's just the two of us and we are sailing on Fantasy.

It's just the two of us and we are sailing on Fantasy.

Ok. I probably should've been able to see that from the title. Even though it doesn't read "upper/lower", I can tell that that's the type of room you have.

Since it's the Fantasy, all of those upper/lower rooms do use an upper bunk for the 2nd. The pool noodle is a creative option. Also, the Fantasy does have trundles/rollaways, however, you would have to wait until you got on board to see if you can get one. If there is one available, the room steward could probably bring one in for you. It would be nice to give him a little extra tip for it. If you are cruising when schools are out, there are more trundles/rollaways already being used in rooms that are designated to take them, which could make it tougher to get one. Request it soon after you get on board. Cruising when school is in session means that many rooms designated to take a trundle/rollaway will not be using it. On my first cruise, my friend's mom didn't like climbing to the upper, so the steward brought in a rollaway for her, since there was one available.

Then, there is also the option to upgrade to a standard interior room with 2 twin beds. Or better yet, a porthole room, which is priced the same as the cheapest standard interior, but it gives you a view out the portholes & also has the 2 twin beds. Either option is typically somewhere around $20-$40 total more than an upper/lower. But if prices have increased since you booked, it would be more than that. If prices have decreased, you might be able to upgrade to it for free.

Edited by k2excursion