Wheelchair for Embarkation at Canada Place, Vancouver

Faircliff

Dudette has MS and now travels with her own chair so we no longer have that challenge. However upon arrival at CP try to find a seat for your friend and then speak with one of the Princess reps who will radio for a wheelchair. You may have to wait a while and you may have to ask a second time but eventually a wheelchair a pusher will arrive. You will be put thru an expedited line for customs, security and check-in. At some point your friend will likely be asked to change into a ship's wheelchair and a junior steward will wheel you aboard and to your cabin. It is not unusual to tip each pusher.

Dudette has MS and now travels with her own chair so we no longer have that challenge. However upon arrival at CP try to find a seat for your friend and then speak with one of the Princess reps who will radio for a wheelchair. You may have to wait a while and you may have to ask a second time but eventually a wheelchair a pusher will arrive. You will be put thru an expedited line for customs, security and check-in. At some point your friend will likely be asked to change into a ship's wheelchair and a junior steward will wheel you aboard and to your cabin. It is not unusual to tip each pusher.

Thanks so much for your help! It's the little things like this that can add hours onto the embarkation process if one doesn't know what to do. And, being a Canadian I would probably be content to sit and wait until they found me!! I'll be more proactive! :)

There used to be a man I knew who worked for Jim Pattison who often said "I find that if I stand on their toes I get attention much faster".:) But yes, you do need to be persistent with them but additionally it can sometime be just a challenge to find a chair at Canada Place to sit on while you are waiting.