santa cruz to mount teide by hire car

penlanspice

We are planning on hiring a car from the port to get to mount teide and are planning on going up in the cable car, I cant really find any reviews on anyone doing this for some reason, I just want to check we are going to have enought time, our ship docks at 10.30am so we should have picked up the hire car by around 11.30am, we set sail at 7.30pm.

its around 1 hour 30 to get to teide and by the looks of the website for the cable car they must stop after lunch for siesta? As there is no time for 2 hours during the afternoon, anyone have any experience?

We are planning on hiring a car from the port to get to mount teide and are planning on going up in the cable car, I cant really find any reviews on anyone doing this for some reason, I just want to check we are going to have enought time, our ship docks at 10.30am so we should have picked up the hire car by around 11.30am, we set sail at 7.30pm.

its around 1 hour 30 to get to teide and by the looks of the website for the cable car they must stop after lunch for siesta? As there is no time for 2 hours during the afternoon, anyone have any experience?

Hi, we were on holiday in Puerto de la Cruz last year and had a hire car. The park is well sign posted from various parts of the island but I'd head north towards and past the North Airport towards Puerto and watch for the Teide National Park signs off to your left.

Very windy roads, great views and well worth the visit. Stop off to check out the desert like landscape before you get to the cable car. We arrived to find big ques out in the sun so take hats and sun cream. About an hour after we were up on Teide there were no ques. Great views looking down on the clouds. Car ran all day, check following site: http://www.telefericoteide.com/en/prices-and-opening-times

Time wise you should make it ok! :)

Yes, it is definitely the best way to go by car hire. CICAR have a rental office at the port and their cars are new and vey reasonably priced. If it is windy the cable car won't operate, but even if you don't go up in the cable car it is still very worthwhile going up Teide.

Although the roads are windy they are well surfaced, so no problem driving up there. It can be a lot cooler at Teide, so take a jacket or cardigan with you.

Time permitting go and have a look at towns like Masca, La Oratava, Garachico and Puerto de la Cruz. I am sure you will enjoy it as the scenery is lovely.

Thanks for the advice.

We've both been to Tenerife a few times and I've been up Teide once many years ago and even have pictures in the snow in May :confused: If I book passes for the cable car online and it's cancelled will I get a refund? We've already booked the car with Cicar.