10:50am departing flight in Fort Lauderdale for walk-off disembark?

Jordster

The Celebrity reps can say whatever, but once you step off that ship, you're at the mercy of US Customs and Immigration. You can bet the officers will be stretched thin during a holiday weekend, so you may very well experience delays. On our last Equinox cruise, we disembarked the ship at 8:45 and many self disembarkers were still in line because there were only two Immigration officers working.

This is the best post in this thread. But when it comes to flight times, I'm ALWAYS an after 12:00 noon kinda gal.

FLL airport is very close to dock at port Everglades. Even if you don't clear customs until 9:30 you cab still make the flight as it is only 10 minutes to the airport. Big question is getting there....cab?....could be a line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

FLL airport is very close to dock at port Everglades. Even if you don't clear customs until 9:30 you cab still make the flight as it is only 10 minutes to the airport. Big question is getting there....cab?....could be a line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

good point..if you want to make sure there is no line, you can arrange private transport.

Celebrity recommends taking flights 11:30am or later on departure day. The only practical flight for us is at 10:50am. We always walk off the ship with our own luggage.

Just looking for opinions on whether I'd be cutting it too close. The cruise terminal is only about 15 minutes (I think) by cab to the airport. On my last cruise (an RCCL ship out of Orlando) I was off the ship, shuttled to the car rental and in my rental car by 8:40am. Getting to the airport for a 10:50am flight (so, ideally, before 9:30) doesn't seem like such a stretch.

What do you think?? Thanks!

Port Everglades, and Ft Lauderdale Int airport are the only combo we will do this at. In Nov I have booked a 10:25 flight home:eek: but it is on a Friday morning when traffic will not be as heavy as the normal Sat/Sun turn around with 4-5-6 ships in port. You should be okie dokie!

I just read the thread, and there is a missing group here. That area of Flordia will be full of snow birds who went south for the holiday that are heading home to return to work and such. These additional bodies will stress the system to the max.

Edited by wallie5446