Skagway-Valley of the Glaciers via Helicopter

jakkinu

Will be sailing the Spirit in 11days and are very interested in the shore excursion Valley of the Glaciers via Helicopter in Skagway, has anyone done it and can you tell me if it is interesting and nice. I also would like to know if it is easy walking on the glaciers especially cause I have a 5yr old with me.

Thanks

Katya

We just did that tour, and it was the highlight of our cruise. We booked it through Princess. They use Temsco Tours. The flight is fabulous. They give you boots, and a pole (like a ski pole) to use for balance while walking on the ice. Since it had been raining before our tour, it was a little slippery. One women fell, but she wasn't hurt. When you land, there is a guide waiting to give you a short guided walk, and he points out the highlights of the ice field. You might want to check if there are age restrictions. Have fun!

Archived