Splendor - What juices are available free vs w/soda pkg in MDR and bars?

dbsb3233

I know the buffet usually has free juices, but it looks like Carnival is more generous than many cruiselines about juice elsewhere.

I read in the Carnival FAQ that lemonade is always available for free. Is that true in the MDR for dinner and lunch? And at most bars? Is it decent tasting, or is it watered down?

And what additional juices are usually available if you get the soda pkg?

We normally get the soda pkg on most cruises, but I've never seen it include juices before (just soda -- we're new to Carnival). And the "free lemonade" thing is a surprise too. I may not even need the soda pgk if lemonade is free and available in the MDR at dinner.

Last question - is milk and chocolate milk available for free in the MDR and at bars too?

Thanks!

On the Lido deck all day are Hot tea, Lemonade, Coffee, and Hot Chocolate. At breakfast are OJ, apple and a guava /passion juice. After Breakfast the juice is replaced by ice tea.

You may order from room service orange, apple, grapefruit, or tomato juice, Coffee, Tea, 2% or skim milk or chocolate milk or hot chocolate. These are part of your cruise cost but a tip is usual for room service. These same drinks are available in the MDR. While not listed on the dinner menu they are available.

If you ask for juice at any of the bars you should be charged. Grand daughter was able to get juice a couple of times without them charging me but when you are little and cute you get things like that.

And what additional juices are usually available if you get the soda pkg?

We normally get the soda pkg on most cruises, but I've never seen it include juices before (just soda -- we're new to Carnival). And the "free lemonade" thing is a surprise too. I may not even need the soda pgk if lemonade is free and available in the MDR at dinner.

Thanks!

Here's a list of all of the sodas and juices available free from any bar with the Bottomless Bubbles package.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/...in_funcard.htm

Here's a list of all of the sodas and juices available free from any bar with the Bottomless Bubbles package.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/...in_funcard.htm

there's the definitive answer right there!

I find the lemonade and guava juice to be very concentrated so I usually mix it with my water myself.

i'll add that i agree with this. the lemonade in particular is SUPER sweet/sour, i can't stand it 'straight' with ice. my tip to add some value to this thread - is mix it with the iced tea in a 1:1 ratio - and then it is delicious :cool:

Having just gotten back from the Sep 6 Splendor cruise, I can say the juices available from the Lido at breakfast/Room Service all day are different (and IMHO way inferior) to the juices available in the Dining Room for breakfast. My entire party thought it was worth going to breakfast/brunch in the Dining Room just for the juice and coffee (Lido coffee was also horrid - Dining Room coffee was drinkable:). I was very surprised they weren't the same, but they are not.

I don't know if the bars serve the Lido "juice" or the Dining Room juice - if it's the former, it's not worth paying for (just kick a buck or two to room service and get 3-4 cups at once).

As for milk and chocolate milk, you can get this in the MDR for free at dinner, although you need to ask (and ask again) for it - the servers seem to not expect the request and when we had YTD, we were rotated through servers and many did not have top notch English skills. Straws are another item that is difficult to get without repeated requests on Lido or in YTD.

Edited by TwoMisfits

Just recently have there been straws on Carnival. They are usually by the coffee stirrers at the buffet.

At the buffet you'll have to ask for milk after breakfast time.

It is always available thru room service. Most will tip out the RS waiter a buck or two.

Do not store milk in your cabin fridge. It is a cooler, not a true fridge and does not get below 60F. Your room steward will provide an ice bucket.

How much is a soda without the soda package? If you have one at dinner in the MDR do you get free refills? How is the water onboard? We usually drink water.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I don't know how old this is, but here's a website with all the Carnival drink menus...

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/carnival-cruise-drink-prices/

Looks like $1.95 per soda can + 15% gratuity added to all drinks. Although I think most other cruise lines are up to $2.50 per can now so Carnival might be higher by now.

I can't personally attest to refills in the MDR, but I think I've seen others say they're not free.

Don't know about the water.

I don't know how old this is, but here's a website with all the Carnival drink menus...

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/carnival-cruise-drink-prices/

Looks like $1.95 per soda can + 15% gratuity added to all drinks. Although I think most other cruise lines are up to $2.50 per can now so Carnival might be higher by now.

I can't personally attest to refills in the MDR, but I think I've seen others say they're not free.

Don't know about the water.

Thank you for the info! I was kind of shocked to hear that they charge for sodas! We went on a Disney cruise last year and they had soda fountains everywhere (I'm sure we paid for it in the front end, but it wasn't an add on)...you can even take your own cup from home and fill them up during the cruise! We booked a carnival cruise in October and I never thought about paying for the sodas! I can't wait for the cruise! And I guess we will just pay per drink because I don't think we will drink that many anyway, we are water people for the most part!

Sent from my iPad using Forums