Santorini Sunset Views

DutchUncle

I'm on the same ship. I did a search a while back and I found that sunset will be at 6:35pm that night. Look for a restaurant in Fira so that you have time to get down to the tender boat in time. I'm also considering having dinner but I haven't made a reservation anywhere yet.

We will be in Santorini on 21 Oct from 1:30-1000. Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations, with a view of course? Should we make reservations? We are the only cruise ship in port that day, so hopefully not too crowded. Thanks!

DutchUncle, I didn't notice your name on our roll call. Please join and register for the meet and greet. Hope to meet you on board.

We were there this summer with a later sailaway (and a much later sunset too as it was summer)

We could easily see the sunset from our anchor position off Thira/Fira but there are several anchor positions. We had been in the same one all day, the other ships having sailed late afternoon or early evening.

There was a deck party that evening and a local group of musicians and dancers also performed. We could also see dusk then darkness fall and the lights gradually coming on in Thira/Fira opposite us.

Sometimes it is fun to be a contrarian..and so we shall be :). DW and I have been to Santorini many times including quite a few sunsets. You will hear all the stuff about the beautiful sunsets in Oia (true) and beautiful sunsets in Fira (not quite as good as Oia) but we think the best sunset we ever saw was in neither of those places. It was from the upper deck (in the hot tub) on the original Star Princess. We had returned to the ship (many years ago) and were enjoying the hot tub during sunset time. As the sun was setting, the way the light played along the cliffs of Santorini was absolutely breathtaking. Totally blew away the views we have enjoyed from the island itself.

Hank

I've searched Trip advisor and found that this restaurant (Aegialos) on Fira beach comes highly recommended:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.za/Restaurant_Review-g7038713-d2194871-Reviews-Aegialos-Exo_Gialos_Fira_Santorini_Cyclades.html

Thanks for the Tripadvisor link. We also saw that Argo and Volcano Blue are also highly recommended.

We will be on there as well but this is our FIRST cruise so I am still attempting to get listed on the Roll Call. I saw that there was a chance for a balcony view sunset massage with champagne but wasn't sure if it was worth the extra or exactly when sunset would be, so thanks for the info. :) We are Julie And Tim Eells from the Portland, OR area. Hope to meet up with all of you at some point!

We will be on there as well but this is our FIRST cruise so I am still attempting to get listed on the Roll Call. I saw that there was a chance for a balcony view sunset massage with champagne but wasn't sure if it was worth the extra or exactly when sunset would be, so thanks for the info. :) We are Julie And Tim Eells from the Portland, OR area. Hope to meet up with all of you at some point!

I did a google search and found that sunset on Santorini on Oct. 21st will be at 6:35pm.