Airline - flying choice to Galveston?

Longboysfan

Anyone fly Northwest through Minnieapolis to Houston then Celebrity transfers to Galveston?

Looking to book them - good airfare there.

Vs Continental direct to Houston.

Nothing into Houston - Hobby. Unless we take an extra day and still take the high cost.

Longboysfan,

Do you really want to chance the weather by flying into Minnesota. I'd take the direct flight anytime when flying from the east coast during the winter months.

Why risk missing a flight or getting snowbound and missing a cruise.

Longboysfan,

Do you really want to chance the weather by flying into Minnesota. I'd take the direct flight anytime when flying from the east coast during the winter months.

Why risk missing a flight or getting snowbound and missing a cruise.

In my bset Homer Simpson voice - Dohhhhh.....

I think Celebrity is offering the plane and transfers for $410 per.

Which would be about the total of Continental direct flight cost and the added Celebrity transfer.

When is your trip?

Two tips from a Minnesotan:

1. If it's during the winter, anytime from say October 15 through April 15, you could run into winter weather problems.

2. If it's anytime in the near future, we are staring down a Mechanic's Union strike and it's huge news in Minnesota...NWA's headquarters. This strike could begin as early as Friday, 19 August. NWA claims any strike will not interrupt their service. National news has reported that before and during strike situations, there are more mechanical inspectors on hand an more mechanical inspections. Even if the personnel situation doesn't slow you down, perhaps that will. Not to mention other unions sympathizing with the strikers. [This is not a commentary on the labor situation, just some thoughts about travel delays.]

3. On a separate note, please come by and visit our incredible state sometime when you have time to stay, rather than just fly through. The airport is nice, but our cities and great outdoors are awesome.

Chick - February... So I'm SOL on the NorthWest flight.

But I did see an American flight connecting through DFW.

For about the same cost.

Celebrity transfers are about $78.

If I take the one stop and their transfer I save about $250 in total.

We fly out of Philly and will be booking any second now. We are able to get non-stop flights on Continental & USAir to IAH or Southwest to HOU. Southwest has lousy return flights, or we would go Hobby. USAir uses very small planes with 18" seats; we'll never fit on the return flights. LOL So, looks like continental for us. They all run about $206 Rt. and I understand that Glaveston Limo is about $65 RT, so that's $271 total, each. Celebrity wants $439 each. Some mark-up, huh?

Archived