Got the call from the Upsale Fairy

Rosesgt

We are sailing on the Sunshine Oct 25th. We have a balcony on the Lido deck and we're really looking forward to being that close to everything. I've read lot of good things about those rooms and their location.

Today I got the call offering us an Ocean Suite for $580.00 more. I said no. Any thoughts on the upgrade and if it would have been worth it? :confused:

We are sailing on the Sunshine Oct 25th. We have a balcony on the Lido deck and we're really looking forward to being that close to everything. I've read lot of good things about those rooms and their location.

Today I got the call offering us an Ocean Suite for $580.00 more. I said no. Any thoughts on the upgrade and if it would have been worth it? :confused:

I think that because you are happy with the room you are in you made the right decision. Higher category does not always equal better for everyone. We had a chance about a month ago to make a smaller switch (at no coast), but we like our location so we stuck with it. $580 can buy you a bunch of DoDs (or whatever you fancy).

We have a Lido balcony on the Liberty soon. For $580, I would've made the same decision you did -- that's a lot of money!

If the switch were free, I might go for it just to try a suite for the first time, but not for $580.

Absolutely NOT worth it!! If it were an NCL suite with all the bells and whistles, then sure, but this is Carnival and there is nothing sweet about their suites!! Stay in your Lido balcony! You did good! For $580 you can go on another cruise!

Call them back and make a counter offer. I'd offer no more than $200 total. The extra floor space is always nice and you would also get double sinks and a bath tub, but NOT for $580!!

I also have a Lido Balcony booked for my next cruise and I wouldn't have taken the deal either. I really like where our room is located and wouldn't want to move. So my answer would be it wouldn't have been worth it! ;)

I would not have taken that offer either. I had a lido balcony on the Glory and loved it !! So handy to pools, buffet, lido activities, etc. Room was very quiet. We couldn't hear noise from lido deck at all. Great location. Wish the spirit class ship had cabins on lido deck. Have a great cruise.