Mexican Riveria

cruisearama

Yes. Sort of a dump, imho. We enjoy Mexico usually going to Puerto Penasco or Several stops on the Yucatan coast. Except Cancun. We try to avoid that place except the airport.:eek::D

I wonder how the new cruise terminal is progressing at Rocky Point ?

That is supposed to open up a few new ports in the Sea of Cortez.

Apparently, not well. They have a Facebook page and, at the moment, they indicate that work is stalled. From the look of the pics that are posted, they have not progressed much at all...

As the other poster says, not much. They have moved some dirt and rocks. That appears to be about it. We have great hopes it will work though. Lots of possibilities without worrying about the PVSA.

We are sailing to Mexico but not till the beginning of Nov. I agree I don't think much will be known till closer to the date or not until we get on.

I wouldn't be surprised if they skip a port or offer a longer stay at a different port.

I too want to spend my dollars locally.

Vickie

I'd rather have an extra day in PV or another sea day as opposed to Ensenada. Been there, done that, way too many times! :eek:

Me too Denise! I love Puerto Vallarta and could spend the whole cruise there!

It's kind of scary waiting to see what will happen, praying to the rain and hurricane gods to give us good weather!

I'd rather have an extra day in PV or another sea day as opposed to Ensenada. Been there, done that, way too many times! :eek:

Hopefully, Princess will think along our lines. I would love to deliver supplies to Cabo and then head to PV for a couple of days. We are doing a Coastal after Mexico and Ensenada is our first stop!

Cheers, Denise

My borther in law called Princess on Friday and La Paz and Loreto are good and they're not sure about Cabo and will let us know this week. I guess the looting is real bad and have heard the cops are also looting there. I hope we get to go to another port in place of Cabo if we end up not going there....1 more week to go!!!!!!!!

Donna

My borther in law called Princess on Friday and La Paz and Loreto are good and they're not sure about Cabo and will let us know this week. I guess the looting is real bad and have heard the cops are also looting there. I hope we get to go to another port in place of Cabo if we end up not going there....1 more week to go!!!!!!!!

Donna

Thanks for the update! It would be great if we can still visit LaPaz and Loreto. They are new ports for us and we were excited to go there.

Cheers, Denise

Several years ago, we booked a 7 nighter to Mexico on the Sapphire. On the day we boarded a storm off the Mexican coast was growing and the decision was made after we left port to alter the itinerary. We ended up with a couple California ports including San Francisco with a stop in Ensenada thrown in. Not what we planned (or packed) for, since SF was cool, foggy and breezy but in the end we had a great time.

Cabo is starting to get back on it's feet. Walmart and Soriana market have been open for a few days now.

From what I've seen the tender pier looks ok, except for the shops. The covered seating areas are still intact but there are no seats.

Just saw a YouTube video with the damage

Edited by SadieN

We went on this route a few years ago when the area was scheduled/anticipated to get hit by a hurricane. We spent six days at sea and got about 3 hours in Ensenada before heading back to San Pedro. The ship ran out of a lot of stuff - milk, and horror of horrors, several kinds of beer! They didn't even have any shore excursions planned in Ensenada since it wasn't a scheduled stop. It was the worse cruise we've been on but it was still better than work -

When you run out of several kinds of beer! That's a real problem!:eek::D

Cabo is starting to get back on it's feet. Walmart and Soriana market have been open for a few days now.

From what I've seen the tender pier looks ok, except for the shops. The covered seating areas are still intact but there are no seats.

Just saw a YouTube video with the damage

Thanks for sharing the video Sadie!

AZmike480

Okay, so we received another letter about shore excursions for our October 1 cruise. I then picked up the phone and called Princess. I explained that I thought the letters were very insensitive to the problems concerning Cabo right now. We are NOT going to book at a "beach front luxury hotel with white sand beaches" at this point.:eek:

I asked the rep if I could speak with someone higher up the telephone chain. She completely understood my frustration and connected me with Customer Relations.

I explained my feelings once more and also requested that Princess please let us know what our itinerary will be. The rep said she would talk to Operations and find out why the letters had not been stopped. She also said management is working hard to figure out exactly what should be done with our cruise.

I did suggest 3 days in PV. :D

Cheers, Denise