For Cruising Wonder (Shari)

Hi Shari,

Well, I did it! I finally made a DVD our of our wedding and cruise pictures. Funny enough, after trying for months we bought a new laptop (An Applie Ibook) and it was soooo easy with the Apple and came out great (at least for an amateur). I wish I could post it somewhere but of course it's too large, but anyway, now I'm going to make another one and make a copy of it for each one of our guests who attended. I even have cases and designed a cover for it. LOL I'm so glad I didn't pay all the money for the videographer because the DVD with all the pics and music is a blast to watch and really does a good job bringing back all the memories. Did you buy your negatives CD? Anyway, just thought I'd share with you that I actually finally accomplished the DVD! LOL (It's the little things in life, you know?)

How newlywed life is treating you well!

Kadie

Kadie,

Hey girl, I have missed you. I am so proud of you for getting your DVD done. I can imagine how busy you are, so that must have taken a bit of time each night or so. I haven't seen mine yet. My brother said he is working on it when he has the time. I know he is busy, so I understand. Besides, when I actually do get the video I can re-live the moment all over again. Of course I look forward to that!! I too am glad that I didn't pay to have a videographer. Well worth it when someone you know does it. I found that when someone you know is videotaping an event like this they manage to catch things that no one else saw.

We did end up getting the CD of all our negatives. As soon as I got home, I spent some time copying the CD, as well as making picture labels to put on the front of them. I thought the guests who attended as well as those that didn't would like to see some from our special day. We even made up our own cases. They turned out great, I was so impressed. I know you guests will appreciate them.

Being a newlywed is great. To tell you the truth nothing has really changed, but there is a different feeling to the whole thing. I just can't explain it. I love being introduced as his wife. LOL!! It is all about the little things. Everyday I have in my head what a couple that has been married over 50 years said to us on the cruise and that is "Make sure you put each other first" and "remember you have your hard times and your easy times, but anything is agreeable"

Well anyways I am going to cut it off here so I can go and get dinner ready, but I can't wait to talk to you again soon. Hope you have a great night!!

Shari

P.S. You are hardly amateur. Look at all the amazing stuff you have produced and helped us out with.

Hi Shari,

I actually only made the DVD with the still pics from the photographer (my version 1). I'm currently working on another DVD that incorporates the short video we have of the wedding as well as the pictures but I need to buy some more sophisticated software to edit the video itself with since it wasn't taken with a digital camcorder. Even with just the pictures and music it's so fun, I'll bet yours will be amazing and so much fun to watch!

You're so much better than me for getting all your guests a CD with all the wedding pics. I've been meaning to do that but believe it or not I just received the last guests personal pics from the cruise like 2 weeks ago so I've kind of been waiting for all the pics (or at least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself, LOL).

I'm totally with you on the not much changing part. Other than being called a wife often or sometimes being referred to as a Mrs. not much has changed. I haven't gotten to the DMV to change the name on my license yet so even that's the same, but eventually it will sink in. :) I'm thinking about planning a surprise weekend cruise for our 1 year anniversary, in fact I'm looking right now at options. I figure a 4 day cruise would be fun to surprise my husband with (maybe I won't even tell him until the day we're leaving). We'll see, I have a big mouth and have a hard time keeping something a surprise if I'm excited!

Talk to you soon,

Kadie

Kadie,

I like what you are thinking about doing the year anniversary cruise. I thought about doing it as a surprise, but like you I can't keep a secret. Not like this anyways. LOL!

My hubby and I deffinately want to take another cruise soon. We have been looking at a couple different ones now for the past few months. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

About the picture cd's, I think what you are doing is a good idea. The only reason I sent them out right away is because no one ordered anything (they were waiting for the cd) and I wasn't really busy. I give you credit on all things. You are one talented person. I bet that dvd one will be so neat. You will have to let me know all about it.

Talk to you soon. Hope you are having a good day!

Shari

Archived