Looking for Travel Jewelry Cases?

Truffle

Hi cruise sisters! Someone was looking for travel jewelry cases a few weeks ago with dividers. I was looking for my information at the time and couldn't find it but I now have some info. I bought these travel cases on QVC for our Dec. cruise on Summit and I absolutely LOVE them. They are made of tarnish-resistant silver cloth so they are good for sterling silver jewelry, too. They have lots of zippered compartments but are faced with a nice vinyl so you can see what is in every compartment and they hold a lot. If you do a search on QVC, the item is #H79229, a set of Three Silver Safekeeper Jewelry Cases by Lori Greiner.

Now for one warning: The only problem I had with the cases was with a pair of costume jewelry black pearl earrings. It must have been the humidity on the cruise but they stuck to the vinyl and the black pearl paint came off the earring in splotches on the vinyl icon_frown.gif, so if you have imitation pearl items, I would wrap them in tissue before storing in these cases.

Melody

I didn't like the idea of putting my jewelry in a pouch type carrier, as I was afraid of some of the more delicate stuff getting smooshed, so I found one similar to this at the Bag and Baggage store at our mall.

It cost a little more, but it holds TONS of jewelry, and other than the earrings getting a bit tossed around, everything arrives unscathed. To keep the earrings in place, I'll usually just crumple up a few tissues, and pad that area. That way everything stays put.

Katie

"I'm currently out of my mind, but please feel free to leave a message..."

I got some of the little zipo-lock bags (snack size and sandwich size) and put each set in it's own bag. I then put the smaller bags in a larger bag that I put in my carry-on. That seemed to work well, both in transporting the jewelry and keeping each set together.

Kathy

Last Cruise -- Maasdam - E. Carrib - 11/03

Next Cruise -- Volendam - Eastfarer - 12/04

The Vera Bradley line of quilted fabric bags in countless sizes from wallets to duffel and garmet bags makes a travel jewelry case in all of there fabic patterns. The bags are really great and machine washable. I plan to purchase the jewelry case and currently have a couple of the cosmetic bags, a travel cosmetic bag, and a large tote I use for back and forth to work. I love mine.

Royal Caribbean AOS 9/12/2004

Royal Caribbean AOS 9/19/2004

Celebrity Zenith 9/2003

Celebrity Galaxy 9/2002

Celebrity Mercury 4/2001

Celebrity Zenith 9/1999

Celebrity Zenith 9/1997

QVC people unite! LOL! I thought of you last night at midnight as I channel searched and there on QVC was the darndest jewelry case in red or black leather, I just loved the darn thing! $25 plus shipping/tx. Except today it's a special introductory price, $21.97. It flips out and opens up into three different compartments. It's really very lovely.

http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp?nest=%2Fasp%2FisItemNumberRedirect.asp&search=SQ&frames=y&referrer=QVC&txtDesc=travel+jewelry+case

Item # F3722

Click on more views to see how it flips open.

tinsel57

Archived