Ft Lauderdale arrival

Deepblueseas37

We are flying into Ft Lauderdale, Oct 18th. Our cruise on the Breeze does not leave until the 19th. I am considering a couple options and have a few questions. I have booked the Holiday Inn Downtown Miami (but might change this). What would be the best way to get there from the airport.

My other thought, since I have been reading various threads, is to book a Ft Lauderdale hotel (any advice on which one would be appreciated) and go back to the airport the 19th and take the Carnival shuttle. If I do this, do we reserve the shuttle somehow, or is it always available? What is the fee on doing this? I am new to this, so any help would be appreciated.:) If the shuttle is not an option, what is the most inexpensive and easy way of getting to the Port of Miami from Ft Lauderdale?

We are flying into Ft Lauderdale, Oct 18th. Our cruise on the Breeze does not leave until the 19th. I am considering a couple options and have a few questions. I have booked the Holiday Inn Downtown Miami (but might change this). What would be the best way to get there from the airport.

My other thought, since I have been reading various threads, is to book a Ft Lauderdale hotel (any advice on which one would be appreciated) and go back to the airport the 19th and take the Carnival shuttle. If I do this, do we reserve the shuttle somehow, or is it always available? What is the fee on doing this? I am new to this, so any help would be appreciated.:) If the shuttle is not an option, what is the most inexpensive and easy way of getting to the Port of Miami from Ft Lauderdale?

Really need more info to provide helpful answers. How many people are traveling? Do you have a budget in mind for hotel? For transportation?

I can't comment on the HI in downtown Miami but depending on how many people are traveling a shuttle (not necessarily the Carnival provided transfer) maybe the most economical or renting a car might be cheaper. Shuttle is probably easiest as it'll drop you right at the cruise terminal.

There are many, many threads on here about shuttles from FLL to POM.

Keep in mind that if you fly into FLL and stay in Miami, you will need to arrange two sets of transportation. First from FLL to your hotel and then the hotel to the POM. If you stay in FLL near the airport, you can stay at a hotel that has a free airport shuttle and then just arrange for a shuttle from your hotel down to POM on the 19th. Again, depending on how many people a shuttle might be more expensive than renting a car.

Another option some people use is the TriRail however, it's not as convenient as a direct shuttle and a toss up whether it's more or less convenient than renting a car.

If you book a Ft Lauderdale hotel that has a shuttle from FLL airport to the hotel, you can stay there and use a shuttle from the hotel to POM (Port of Miami) the next morning.

We use SAS (http://www.ridesas.com). They charge fifteen dollars per person from Ft Lauderdale to POM and have a list of hotels in Ft Lauderdale that they serve.

We have always had good service from them.

We have stayed at the Red Carpet Inn in Ft Lauderdale. It is not fancy, but prices are good and the rooms were clean. They had a free shuttle from FLL. It is on SAS list.

I just checked the rates for Oct 18 and it shows $87.96. http://www.redcarpetinns.com/

Edited by swedish weave

If you book a Ft Lauderdale hotel that has a shuttle from FLL airport to the hotel, you can stay there and use a shuttle from the hotel to POM (Port of Miami) the next morning.

We use SAS (http://www.ridesas.com). They charge fifteen dollars per person from Ft Lauderdale to POM and have a list of hotels in Ft Lauderdale that they serve.

We have always had good service from them.

We have stayed at the Red Carpet Inn in Ft Lauderdale. It is not fancy, but prices are good and the rooms were clean. They had a free shuttle from FLL. It is on SAS list.

I just checked the rates for Oct 18 and it shows $87.96. http://www.redcarpetinns.com/

For two people I would agree that the shuttle option would be the cheapest.

As for hotels, I would check some of the travel websites and also some of the bidding websites. If you bid on a hotel and get one that doesn't have a shuttle, you will likely save more than enough to pay for a taxi from FLL to the hotel. I took a quick look and it seems there are many hotels that have shuttles that are cheaper (some way cheaper) than $180 for the night.

HAHA.. We are doing the same thing same ship wanted to know the best way also.. Thanks for posting the question.

Eric