Majesty of The Seas

Majesty currently offers a specialty dining event, a Taste of Tuscany. The Compass Deli gets transformed with tablecloths and wine glasses. A chef demonstrates how to make pasta. A good Italian meal is provided complete with wine. The cost is $30. There were only 5 people total the night that I attended. It was nice to have that little extra optional dinner choice.

Majesty currently offers a specialty dining event, a Taste of Tuscany. The Compass Deli gets transformed with tablecloths and wine glasses. A chef demonstrates how to make pasta. A good Italian meal is provided complete with wine. The cost is $30. There were only 5 people total the night that I attended. It was nice to have that little extra optional dinner choice.

We are trying to go on Her Majesty over Thanksgiving Weekend, if we can work out work schedules. We have been on her many times, and probably will do the Taste of Tuscany. Many people I have heard, just like you, enjoyed it a great deal.

Hi Rhonda,

my next sailing on Majesty is Halloween weekend. What night do they offer taste of tuscany and how do you book it? Very interested in doing this.

Thanks =)

Hi Rhonda,

my next sailing on Majesty is Halloween weekend. What night do they offer taste of tuscany and how do you book it? Very interested in doing this.

Thanks =)

I was on the 3 night weekend cruise. It was offered on Friday night and Sunday night at 7:30. You make your reservation by calling 3333 between 11:30 - 3 and 4 - 5. It will be listed in the Cruise Compass.

We are trying to go on Her Majesty over Thanksgiving Weekend, if we can work out work schedules. We have been on her many times, and probably will do the Taste of Tuscany. Many people I have heard, just like you, enjoyed it a great deal.

Yes, I enjoyed it very much! The area is so small that you get really personalized attention to every detail! The chef that made the presentation was not Italian and a little difficult for me to understand, but he was excited to share his knowledge!

I was on the 3 night weekend cruise. It was offered on Friday night and Sunday night at 7:30. You make your reservation by calling 3333 between 11:30 - 3 and 4 - 5. It will be listed in the Cruise Compass.

If we go on Her Majesty over Thanksgiving weekend....I think we will have to do this. Sunday most likely the best choice for us.

• 2 months later...

Royal Caribbean is getting rid of its oldest ship, the Majesty of the Seas.

The last of the sovereign-class ships built in the late 1980s and early 1990s, it's following in the footsteps of sister ships Monarch of the Seas and Sovereign of the Seas, heading to Pullmantur cruise line, which is headquartered in Spain but sails many itineraries in the Caribbean catering to the Latin American market.

The Pullmantur line is owned by Royal Caribbean's parent company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. The 2,350-passenger vessel, which currently sails short trips to the Bahamas out of PortMiami will retire from Royal Caribbean in 2016.

"Majesty of the Seas has created wonderful memories for millions of guests, and we expect this record of success to continue as she transitions to Pullmantur," said Royal Caribbean chairman and CEO Richard Fain. "The vessel's transfer is an excellent business opportunity for both Royal Caribbean and Pullmantur. We are fortunate that our mix of brands allows us the flexibility and opportunity to expand in key strategic markets."

Majesty of the Seas was the last of the three sovereign-class vessels, built at Chantiers de L'Atlantique, which is now STX France in St. Nazaire, France and maid its maiden voyage April 26, 1992. The Sovereign of the Seas went to Pullmantur in 2008 and the Monarch, which sailed out of Port Canaveral, followed in 2013.

At 74,077 tons, the Majesty of the Seas is dwarfed by Royal Caribbean's latest ship, the Quantum of the Seas, a 168,666-ton, 4,180-passenger ship that debuted in Cape Liberty in Bayonne, N.J. earlier this month. By the time the Majesty of the Seas leaves service, Royal Caribbean will have also welcomed the Anthem of the Seas, so the line will have at least 21 ships still, with the third Quantum-class ship, the Ovation of the Seas, due in summer 2016. The line also has two more Oasis-class ships on order due, the first also due in summer 2016 and the second in 2018.

So now the line's smallest and oldest ships will be what many refer to as the Vision class of ships built in the mid 1990s. They are the Vision of the Seas, Enchantment of the Seas, Rhapsody of the Seas, Grandeur of the Seas, Splendour of the Seas and Legend of the Seas -- three pairs of sister ships between 69,000 and 83,000 tons carrying between 1,800-2,250 passengers.

The line did not announce which if any ship will replace the Majesty of the Seas in Miami, but the ship's three- and four-night sailings to the Bahamas and the line's private island of CocoCay is an essential key to the new cruiser market, so expect the itineraries to continue.

Both former sovereign-class ships still sail for Pullmantur and the addition of the Majesty of the Seas will give that line a 20 percent increase in capacity.

"The transfer of Majesty of the Seas will play an important role in Pullmantur's Latin American growth strategy, and helps us become one of the most widely recognized brands in that market," said Pullmantur's president and CEO Jorge Vilches. "The additional capacity will help us meet the rising demand for Pullmantur's distinctive Latin-style cruise holidays."

Just came off of the weekend cruise on Her Majesty.....did the Taste of Tuscany dinner....and it was very good.....bring your appetite and they keep the wine flowing (all included). The veal meatballs were outstanding!

We also had the opportunity to take a tour of the galley. It is so small to be able to accommodate all those meals, wow! The guide we had will be leaving Her Majesty in January for his vacation and then upon his return be heading to Anthem to bring her out for her maiden voyage. He had previously been in charge of the galley on Freedom. What a wonderful tour!

My first cruise was on the Majesty of the Seas - loved it and I've been hooked on cruises ever since! :)

Our first cruise was on Navigator, when NOS was the biggest and newest in the fleet -- then we went on Her Majesty....and was hooked on cruising. To those that have only been on the big ships, they are missing the experience of a smaller, simplier cruise experience.