Avis coupon codes

millergj

My experience is that discount codes generally don't work in Alaska. Skagway is a seasonal location with a finite number of cars and it can sell out. If having a rental car is important to you then I would book it now....you can always rebook if prices drop which is not likely. Actually I am a bit surprised that you can book now for 2015.

I second that. You will never receive any sort of discount in Alaska. Why should they. they will sell out no matter what. Book your car now. Whatever the price, it is a bargain compared to what a tour might cost. I know we paid about $120 for a Camray.

Cheers

Len

This AWD code for AVIS worked in the summer: W046000

It is a general code for a lot of things in Alaska, not a corporate code.

Good luck.

Thanks, that code worked but it adds .20 per mile. Still comes out a little less expensive.

What is the address for Avis Skagway rental place ? It shows me 2 addresses. 3rd Avenue and Spring Street OR Skagway AK . For July it shows me $99 for a full size car. Also, what is the cancelation policy. I don't see it anywhere on the reservation page. TIA

Edited by uvasag

What is the address for Avis Skagway rental place ? It shows me 2 addresses. 3rd Avenue and Spring Street OR Skagway AK . For July it shows me $99 for a full size car. Also, what is the cancelation policy. I don't see it anywhere on the reservation page. TIA

I used the 3rd avenue address. You do not have to provide a credit card. I cancelled one and added another so I think you can cancel any time.

You will never receive any sort of discount in Alaska. Why should they. they will sell out no matter what. Book your car now. Whatever the price, it is a bargain compared to what a tour might cost. I know we paid about $120 for a Camray.

Unfortunately you are totally wrong. I guess just using the word "never" means it can easily be proven incorrect.

I just rented earlier this month from Avis in Anchorage and got a great deal using a discount code. Also have gotten great deals from other companies throughout Alaska - Juneau, Skagway, Anchorage and Fairbanks, both in high and off season. The fact that they will eventually sell out doesn't mean they won't offer any discounts. In fact, most travel suppliers (hotels, airlines, car rental companies) know they won't sell out unless they offer some discounts for some of their product.

Unfortunately you are totally wrong. I guess just using the word "never" means it can easily be proven incorrect.

I just rented earlier this month from Avis in Anchorage and got a great deal using a discount code. Also have gotten great deals from other companies throughout Alaska - Juneau, Skagway, Anchorage and Fairbanks, both in high and off season. The fact that they will eventually sell out doesn't mean they won't offer any discounts. In fact, most travel suppliers (hotels, airlines, car rental companies) know they won't sell out unless they offer some discounts for some of their product.

I am sure that all would be interested in the code you used, perhaps you would be so kind as to share this information.

Can you tell me how much was your rental price ? For a full size car it is coming up to $100 before taxes after the discount code. Does that sound right ?

Yes that is about right. We got an intermediate and with the code with taxes it is about $110. Originally without the code it was around 149 with taxes for a full size car.

Edited by millergj

This AWD code for AVIS worked in the summer: W046000

It is a general code for a lot of things in Alaska, not a corporate code.

Good luck.

Thank you so much for the above discount code, pokerpro5. While making a reservation for next July in Skagway, I used your discount code and it worked! I was able to get a larger car (intermediate vs. compact) for $27 less than what I was going to pay for the compact. It's not a huge savings, but it'll buy a couple drinks at the Red Onion Saloon. ;)

Thanks, again!

• 8 months later...