The MOST expensive breakfast ever

HollyB

GRRRR icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

I am SOOOOOOOO livid! Today I swallowed an 18ct gold and diamond tooth gem. Oh I am so angry at myself!

I will murder my dentist as he moved it recently to another tooth and obviously it wasnt in right. Hoping he will reimburse me, but the tooth gem was a "one off" and dont know if he will be able to get a replacement!

Sorry..just wanted to vent my anger!

At the risk of sounding gross, wait for it to come out the other end, then have your dentist sterilize it.

Kathy

Last Cruise -- Maasdam - E. Carrib - 11/03

Next Cruise -- Volendam - Eastfarer - 12/04

It is really small so no chance of even contemplating the "gross act" (dont think I could anyway)

Tooth gems are popular here but most are the cheap jewellery kind. I had my dentist order this for me especially a while ago. I totally LOVE my wee gem and it adds a tiny glimpse of a sparkle in your smile. If dentist wont replace it I can claim it on my insurance so I will just have to get another one made.

It was a little gold teardrop, with the diamond placed in it. It really was lovely. I had it moved when I had my new porcelain jackets put on my teeth two weeks ago. Guess it just wasnt moulded on properly.he had "re etched" the gold but maybe it just didnt lodge in correctly. I will see what my dentist says tomorrow!

Oh, no! icon_frown.gif

Since your dentist just moved it, maybe he'd be willing to replace it?

Good Luck!

lszu

Sovereign 7/99

Monarch 7/00

Vision 9/01

Voyager 9/02

Adventure 9/03

I'm not getting this.

Where, exactly, is the gem? Is it on the top surface of your tooth? The side?

Does it show when you laugh or smile with your mouth open?

Hope you get some kind of satisfaction from your dentist. Please do let us know.

T

I have phoned dentist and he is trying to get a replacement made. The gem can be fitted on any tooth you wish but I have mine discreetly on the side upper level. You only see it when you give a wide icon_biggrin.gif smile! Theres a very distinct sparkle. At first it feels a bit alien in your mouth, but you soon get used to it. If you are thinking of you, try a cheap cosmetic one first, see if you like it, and then get the real thing. It does NOT damage your teeth at all! Dont ask me how they stick it on, I know he uses the blue light thing, but have no idea how he cements it on!

Kathy icon_eek.gif too funny - your response!

Holly: when I saw the topic, I thought that it meant FOOD. The most expensive breakfast that DH and I have ever had was in Barbados back in 1988. We stayed at a lovely resort, and Lisa Marie Pressley and Elton John were in the same complex. Anyhow, breakfast on the beach at this resort was in excess of $40. To me, that is just ridiculous for coffee and eggs. icon_eek.gif

Back to your tooth - I know that you have been spending time and money over the past month re: your tooth. Good luck.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2005;04;02;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

OUR NEXT ONWARD JOURNEY!

Archived