Need Help with Upgrade Cabin Location

robin13

I am currently booked in the smallest inside cabin on deck 10 (category Q) and was just sent an email from RCCL saying that I can upgrade to a category H oceanview cabin for 1/2 price. Pretty sure it will be around $100 but TA is currently closed so I don't know for sure. All of these cabins are located forward on decks 7,8,& 9. I usually always book mid ship and was wondering if paying $100 for an oceanview cabin forward would be worth it. Also, what deck would be better? I know you all are a wealth of information and I appreciate the feedback.

I think $100 is a good price to upgrade. I would choose deck 8 or 9. Hopefully they will not all be gone by the time your TA opens. I got the same e-mail a few weeks ago to upgrade from a balcony to a JS for 1/2 price and all the cabins were gone within a few hours.

Edited by dacsmom

This is one of the reasons I will not book with a TA that is closed on weekends.

We received the same email last month but it was to upgrade from a B2 to a JS and it was sent on Friday night 7:05 p.m. Too late for a TA that is closed on weekends. Luckily, we were booked directly with RCI and I called and got that upgrade --- WOO HOO!!

I would probably do a courtesy hold now and looking at the rooms available, I would pick #8528 and hope to keep it until Monday when your TA is back open. If the hold expires tomorrow, place another courtesy hold!!

This is one of the reasons I will not book with a TA that is closed on weekends.

We received the same email last month but it was to upgrade from a B2 to a JS and it was sent on Friday night 7:05 p.m. Too late for a TA that is closed on weekends. Luckily, we were booked directly with RCI and I called and got that upgrade --- WOO HOO!!

I would probably do a courtesy hold now and looking at the rooms available, I would pick #8528 and hope to keep it until Monday when your TA is back open. If the hold expires tomorrow, place another courtesy hold!!

Yep, my TA is closed until Monday. I have never used this TA before and wish that I had just booked it locally instead of online. Thank you for the idea of putting a courtesy hold on the cabin. They are for 24 hours but I will do it again tomorrow.

Personally, I would not upgrade just for the window. If the room is bigger, then perhaps. We don't spend a lot of time standing on the bed so we can get a good view out the window. We'll upgrade if there is no additional cost, and we'll pay more for a balcony.