Children in the Solarium

petermack

We are booked on Quantum on the TA on Nov 02nd. Can anyone with experience of TA sailings tell me if children are allowed in the solarium on these sailings. We are bringing our 3 year old with us but don't know whether to bring his swimming gear with us.

We are booked on Quantum on the TA on Nov 02nd. Can anyone with experience of TA sailings tell me if children are allowed in the solarium on these sailings. We are bringing our 3 year old with us but don't know whether to bring his swimming gear with us.

From Royal's website, the Solarium is for adults and indicate age 16 and older.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=334&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqId=5814

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Guest_Conduct_Policy.pdf

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

The Solarium is an ADULTS-ONLY space. This is very specifically and purposely separated from the spaces where the shrieking kids are. (Why is it that kids seem to be incapable of talking in a normal quiet voice around water!!??) As such, it will NOT be open to kids, regardless of hours or weather!!

(In the conversion to Carnival Sunshine, Carnival insanely put their "Serenity" (!!!) adult pool area right next to (and within easy earshot of) the pool with the screaming kids.... WHAT ON EARTH were they thinking!!?)

There is the separate "indoor pool" area (someone already posted the picture above) so that's where the kids can go on chilly days. (And in any case, on this November transatlantic I don't really expect to see a lot of kids anyhow).

The Solarium is an ADULTS-ONLY space. This is very specifically and purposely separated from the spaces where the shrieking kids are. (Why is it that kids seem to be incapable of talking in a normal quiet voice around water!!??) As such, it will NOT be open to kids, regardless of hours or weather!!

Other Royal Caribbean ships do open their solaria to children in colder weather.

The noise is louder because it is an enclosed, humid space. The water in the air helps sound to travel.

(In the conversion to Carnival Sunshine, Carnival insanely put their "Serenity" (!!!) adult pool area right next to (and within easy earshot of) the pool with the screaming kids.... WHAT ON EARTH were they thinking!!?)

There is the separate "indoor pool" area (someone already posted the picture above) so that's where the kids can go on chilly days. (And in any case, on this November transatlantic I don't really expect to see a lot of kids anyhow).

9e30af0bdd18a479fe208d610952cc49.jpg

Traditionally on ships where the Adult Solarium was enclosed it would be open to all guests regardless of age during poor weather days. This will not be the case on Quantum since as mentioned there is also an enclosed main pool that is already designated for everyone's use. The Adult Solarium on Quantum is also more like the one on Oasis, it features a series of tiered sitting pools that flow into one another (similar to the cantilevered whirlpools but stacked). There is no true pool that you can swim in.

Are the pools generally heated fresh water on royal? In all pools? Having an indoor pool will be great!

Depends on the ship. The FlowRider requires freshwater so the pools on the Freedom Class and newer are fresh water. I can't say for the Navigator since she had the FlowRider added later. I also know the Independence has heated pools, but do not know for sure if it's all of the Freedom class and newer or just her since she was meant to be the UKs ship since she was under construction. I would expect freshwater and heated on Quantum.