No more soccer and cricket.. Please

bigfoot88

Come on over to my house. I have an aspiring sports writer DS(20) who currently has an internship writing for an internet sports website. He writes 2 articles on the Red Wings a week. Of course he loves all sports, especially his Detroit teams, soccer, Nascar, and Pro Cycling (he also writes articles on the Tour de France for his website). There is always one type of sport playing on at least 1 if not more of TVs. Last night he had the preseason Red Wings game going on his laptop and the Tigers game on the TV:rolleyes:. FWIW he loves all the soccer games on the cruises.

Lol I think you ace me not that I'm am sorry about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a broadcast showing one of the Royal Shrovetide Football games? That would be an exciting event to watch while having a few pints.

I'm in! I wonder if NBC Sports will show it this year? :)

Ever wonder why there were so many curry dishes at the buffet?

I was hoping that was because I was onboard. :D

Just got home from Sky trip to Bahamas from Miami. Just about constant cricket on the tvs in public spaces. As we walked around the ship every day, maybe 2 tables of people watching at any time. We probably would have stopped for a drink in the afternoon if a major American sport was being shown. The Longboard bar was usually almost empty with cricket on all the tvs. With all those tvs, how about more than 1 sport shown? So many people onboard wore tshirts with names of colleges that have big Am football and basketball programs. How many of them would sit down to watch an American sport and buy a drink? NCL really doesn't get how to make money. Yes they charge $20 to use the water slide at GSC (The prices at GSC are just ridiculous), but no one ever tried to sell us a drink at dinner (even a polite suggestion). All those bars are on the ship for a reason, but with cricket on every tube, they were mostly empty.

Just got home from Sky trip to Bahamas from Miami. Just about constant cricket on the tvs in public spaces. As we walked around the ship every day, maybe 2 tables of people watching at any time. We probably would have stopped for a drink in the afternoon if a major American sport was being shown. The Longboard bar was usually almost empty with cricket on all the tvs. With all those tvs, how about more than 1 sport shown? So many people onboard wore tshirts with names of colleges that have big Am football and basketball programs. How many of them would sit down to watch an American sport and buy a drink? NCL really doesn't get how to make money. Yes they charge $20 to use the water slide at GSC (The prices at GSC are just ridiculous), but no one ever tried to sell us a drink at dinner (even a polite suggestion). All those bars are on the ship for a reason, but with cricket on every tube, they were mostly empty.

jbeeg, that is what I saw, all cricket TV, and if they played some US sports on the TV i would sit there for a while, on a sea day of course.

You make an excellent point. While I certainly don't mind that cricket is shown, if they have the opportunity to show other sports as well, they will likely make more money. After all, isn't that why they are in business?