Just back from Divina...my review. Any questions???

moondance55

Thx for the review. Question: you mentiined have the mini fridge emptied so you could use it for water and soda that you carried on. I thought they did not allow outside water, soda, wine. :confused:

I thought so also. Did you carry it on or pack it in suitcase?

We were in an inside on deck 9 in May. We absolutely loved the cruise, but that was the tiniest cabin either of us have ever seen. The part that was a bit upsetting was that all of the pictures we saw on the MSC site showed a chair, which would have been impossible in our cabin. :D

Just got off today, inside on Deck 13, 13171, no chair, no table.

Wouldn't have minded as much if he'd been young and attractive.......needless to day it was the exact opposite situation!

:cool: It always is! :cool:

We are going on the Divina late October. Deciding on the soft drink package or not. Carnival is ok with bringing on bottled water and soda. I didn't think MSC was ok with it. What did you do?

On their website it says you can't bring any soda or water, but since I read several posts saying that this was not enforced, I decided to try it... I really like Dr. Pepper and my husband only drinks diet Pepsi, so I figured it was worth a try. We didn't hide or camouflage it in any way,and didn't put in inside anything. When we went through the screening area we just put the 2 12-packs on the conveyor along with our carry-on bag and there was no problem, in fact, it was not even mentioned!

Later on, in Cozumel, I bought grape juice and a 2-liter of Sprite and my son bought 2 bottles of Coke, and again we just put them on the x-ray thing and there was nothing mentioned at all.

I was on that same cruise! This was my first cruise so I have nothing to compare it to....

We booked guaranteed inside and ended up randomly getting a balcony on the 12th floor. It was a nice surprise I must say. I traveled with my Mom and she says she doesn't ever want to go back to an inside. It was great to sit out there whenever we felt like.

Right now I don't think I'd sail MSC again unless the deal was very good.

Gotta say you won't get a 'better deal' then booking an inside cabin, and getting a Balcony!!!:eek:

Edited by American Bear

can you comment on the trivia games. Time, place, type of questions etc.

I only went to one but iirc they had two a day.... One around 11 ish and the other at 3:30. It was in one of the bars and I believe on deck 7.

Questions were mostly what does this word mean. So...I guess study a dictionary. [emoji2]

Supposedly they did have other categories but we were only there once. I'm sure someone else can elaborate.

I only went to one but iirc they had two a day.... One around 11 ish and the other at 3:30. It was in one of the bars and I believe on deck 7.

Questions were mostly what does this word mean. So...I guess study a dictionary. [emoji2]

Supposedly they did have other categories but we were only there once. I'm sure someone else can elaborate.

They have general trivia. I thought the questions were fair and varied.

We are scheduled to have first seating can you advise the time? Also, let's say 1st is at 6:00 can you arrive at 6:15 or 6:30 and still be seated? Like to have a before dinner cocktail & sometimes it may cause us to be a bit late....

You can come and go as you please, but it would benefit your table mates if you are sitting with others to tell them ahead of time you'll be late tomorrow etc., so they will start without you!:)

We are scheduled to have first seating can you advise the time? Also, let's say 1st is at 6:00 can you arrive at 6:15 or 6:30 and still be seated? Like to have a before dinner cocktail & sometimes it may cause us to be a bit late....

They usually close the dining room 15 minutes after the sitting starts so you may not be admitted if you arrive half an hour late. If you are sharing a table it would cause issues for the other passengers if you are more than a little bit late.

Why not take your drinks into the dining room with you?

People boarding in Grand Cayman were stopped and had to hand it over so luck of the draw.

I had the allegrissimo package so didn't have to worry. It was different from Europe in that it included a whole selection of wine by the glass not just the "two white two red one rose".

It was so hot( not sure that I would do the Caribbean in September again) that I got through several litres of bottled water a day. I also loved it for the special coffees. Especially the Italian coffee with amoretto.

Mary Ann - I see you had the allegrissimo package. That is what we got for this cruise. We have vouchers for the last cruise. Can you tell me how this package works? Does it indicate that you have the package on your sail card?

Thanks for the info.

Mary Ann - I see you had the allegrissimo package. That is what we got for this cruise. We have vouchers for the last cruise. Can you tell me how this package works? Does it indicate that you have the package on your sail card?

I'm not MaryAnn, but, yes, your card says on it, 421, which means you have the package. You still sign for each drink, but, the total is zeroed out. I am still collecting all my receipts for my review, they are falling out of shoes and dirty laundry. :eek: I ordered Lemoncello one day when it was on special in a souvenir glass, they said the glass wasn't covered, I understood that, thought they would charge me the difference (0.75), they charged me the whole amount. I was also charged once in the Black and White lounge, I need to find my receipt for that......probably too late to get a refund {shrug} ;)

Thanks for the info.

Mary Ann here LOL.

As Maureen says the number is on the card. Mine had 591 as I only had the basic not the premium.Loved it.

I am still collecting all my receipts for my review, they are falling out of shoes and dirty laundry. :eek: I ordered Lemoncello one day when it was on special in a souvenir glass, they said the glass wasn't covered, I understood that, thought they would charge me the difference (0.75), they charged me the whole amount. I was also charged once in the Black and White lounge, I need to find my receipt for that......probably too late to get a refund {shrug} ;)

When I ordered the Limoncello they did ask if I wanted the souvenir glass which I declined. Then they asked if I wanted a double and I had not realised that doubles were also included. That alone would have been $11 a glass.

I liked a rusty nail as a nightcap (drambuie and whisky) and it was not

on the menu but was also able to get it. One bar did say it was only in Europe but the others were okay.

Funny about the receipts. The first week I diligently added them up (to make sure I was getting my money's worth LOL) realised that I was ahead and didn't bother after that.

• 3 weeks later...
Can we carry our own luggage when we board and then take them off ourselves at disembarkation?

Yes you can, but if you take a small bag/carry on with a change of clothes for the afternoon of embarkation, your cabin is usually ready by 2!

We got in our cabin at 1pm! We had our bags delivered to our cabin by 4pm!

We changed clothes from our long drive to Miami, and then went out to explore the ship!:D

And yes you can carry off your bags when you disembark, just make sure you ask for 'self assist' labels for your bags, and on your last day you'll receive the directions of when to leave the ship, what time, etc.!

Great review Moondance!

Edited by American Bear

Yes you can, but if you take a small bag/carry on with a change of clothes for the afternoon of embarkation, your cabin is usually ready by 2!

We got in our cabin at 1pm! We had our bags delivered to our cabin by 4pm!

We carried on a change of clothes for dinner. Good thing too, because our bags

were not in our cabin by the time we left for the show(6:30pm).