Shuttle Charges

chester8

Forgot to say,if the port authorities insist on safety grounds that transport is made available then I think it's free,but if that's not the case and Cunard lay on a coach and you wish to take advantage of it instead of walking then it's chargeable...

I read it on voyage p along with which ports etc..

(Chargeable for saver fare)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by bunkrest

• 2 weeks later...
Forgot to say,if the port authorities insist on safety grounds that transport is made available then I think it's free,but if that's not the case and Cunard lay on a coach and you wish to take advantage of it instead of walking then it's chargeable...

I read it on voyage p along with which ports etc..

(Chargeable for saver fare)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think the shuttle should just be part of the port taxes. If Cunard increased the Port Tax by $4 in the cities where you need to take a bus and have tickets waiting in your room do you think people would notice? If you are part of a shore excursion then the fee is not assessed and you would not pay the additional port tax assessment.

Another idea is if Cunard could ask you at time of booking would you like to take advantage of the Port Shuttle for X per person? You can then either purchase it under shore excursions online or when you book your cruise.

It was $4.50 each way in Stockholm. I assume that it is the same price everywhere.

I have to admit that I thought it was a cheek for Cunard to charge this to passengers who had bought a discounted fare. What's next, charge to use the MDR if you have a discounted fare? They will end up like Easyjet if they are not careful.

It was $4.50 each way in Stockholm. I assume that it is the same price everywhere.

I have to admit that I thought it was a cheek for Cunard to charge this to passengers who had bought a discounted fare. What's next, charge to use the MDR if you have a discounted fare? They will end up like Easyjet if they are not careful.

Well this I was made plain when you booked. The upside was a cheaper fare. This is the downside.

David.

If you look in the Saver Fare box on the Cunard site you will see.... "see conditions"

Click on this and you will get the full conditions attached to Saver Fares.

This is one of them.....Bookings are made at the relevant stateroom type and a stateroom number is allocated by Cunard prior to departure. Dinner seating as allocated. Shuttle buses in ports are an additional cost.

David.