Birthday cake in MDR?

Peppa26

We will celebrate my DH birthday on Magic and it will be on an Elegant Night. I wonder if I could request a birthday cake delivered to our table. If so, do I need to contact Carnival ahead of time? Or just contact them after I get on ship. Do they have ice cream cake? :p

I'm very interested in hearing your experiences on that. Thanks!

Edited by Peppa26

Yes, you can have a cake delivered to your table in the MDR. I believe you can pre-order or do it once on board. We've cruised for my birthday a few times and DH ordered a cake once on board through formalities shop and it was served at the table. It's not ice cream cake, the ones we had was chocolate and very yummy. I think there is a vanilla/white icing version too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can order it through Bon Voyage. You can specify when you want it, what kind, and what you want written on it.

I had a cake delivered to our table for my daughter during dinner on her 18th BDay ... and they sang to her when they brought it.

It was really delicious and I did it all online long before we left. :)

Edited by christyran1228

Thank you guys! Just ordered a chocolate cake through Carnival Fun Shop. My DH's favorite is actually Vanilla, but our DS loves chocolate. So it's no brainer. :D Can't wait to taste it!

Edited by Peppa26

Thank you guys! Just ordered a chocolate cake through Carnival Fun Shop. My DH's favorite is actually Vanilla, but our DS loves chocolate. So it's no brainer. :D Can't wait to taste it!

I see you've already ordered but will tell you the vanilla cake with strawberry filling is wonderful. I ordered one for hubby's birthday after boarding.

I see you've already ordered but will tell you the vanilla cake with strawberry filling is wonderful. I ordered one for hubby's birthday after boarding.

Oh nooooo you can't do this to me! Next time... Next time I will make it up for my DH by getting a vanilla one. :D

Edited by Peppa26

Oh nooooo you can't do this to me! Next time... Next time I will make it up for my DH by getting a vanilla one. :D

Shouldnt your DH get his choice since its his birthday. :D Dont know if its possible to call and maybe changing the cake flavor. Just saying cause the vanilla with strawberry is sooooo good. He would LOVE it.

just to let everyone know.... if you have a larger party (6-10) people.... you can also order sheet cakes before the cruise (we ordered ours through group planning for one of the nights during our wedding cruise). They had a list of flavors much larger then what bon voyage can offer you. We went with a death by chocolate type of cake, they also had carrot, red velvet, cakes with different "fillings" like guava and berry and many more that I can not remember.

We had 8 people at our table that night, we ended up offering it to the other people in our group that were in the dining room at the time (we did YTD). They also saved the cake and offered it to my MIL's table (she is the one who ordered it for us) on the next night as a dessert option. Everyone raved about the cake!!

Edited by Bo59rt

We have done this a few times and was always good! Hope you have a great trip!

That sounds awesome. What size was it? I wonder if we could get it decorated for the Cat in the Hat? I know my son would just love the decorations and the cake.

Also, any idea what the cost was?

That sounds awesome. What size was it? I wonder if we could get it decorated for the Cat in the Hat? I know my son would just love the decorations and the cake.

Also, any idea what the cost was?

They don't have a dr. Suess cake, but they do have a package with a regular cake and dr. Suess decorations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a cost to order? We will have an 18th birthday on our trip.

The 6 inch cake costs 10 dollars and is well worth it.

I agree! It is very well worth it! I thought it was quite a bit of cake for only 10 dollars. We shared with our table (4 people total) and still had leftovers for a few days. It's super delicious too!

Edited by excitedcruzr

Excellent, so they could probably just make the cake the vanilla and strawberry one?

Yes, you can get either flavor. It looks like with the package, the cake is sent to the cabin, but it may be the same price to order the decorations and cake separately if you want the cake in the MDR. I didn't do the math to check. If you decide to have the cake in the cabin, they'll still sing in the MDR if you tell them in advance.

Yes, you can get either flavor. It looks like with the package, the cake is sent to the cabin, but it may be the same price to order the decorations and cake separately if you want the cake in the MDR. I didn't do the math to check. If you decide to have the cake in the cabin, they'll still sing in the MDR if you tell them in advance.

Yeah, the package shows it sitting in the cabin. I don't care if it is in the MDR or not. It won't be his birthday, a few months after. But he loves Cat in the Hat on PBS. We aren't going to tell him about the cruise until we leave to drive to Miami. He does know they have the brunch and said he would prefer Carnival to even Disney because of it. (My wallet thanks him).

I just think it would be a great surprise for him. I wasn't sure about the cake as he is more into icing than cake, but the strawberry filling will probably get him.

Yeah, the package shows it sitting in the cabin. I don't care if it is in the MDR or not. It won't be his birthday, a few months after. But he loves Cat in the Hat on PBS. We aren't going to tell him about the cruise until we leave to drive to Miami. He does know they have the brunch and said he would prefer Carnival to even Disney because of it. (My wallet thanks him).

I just think it would be a great surprise for him. I wasn't sure about the cake as he is more into icing than cake, but the strawberry filling will probably get him.

Sounds like fun!