TV Multi Media

neilm

We have a small multi media box we usualy take with us on cruises which you normally just plug into the TV this lets us watch programmes that our sons have down loaded for us, in march when we tried to use this on our TV on Ventura they had put an overide on all the buttons on the TV does anybody know how to overcome this

We have a small multi media box we usualy take with us on cruises which you normally just plug into the TV this lets us watch programmes that our sons have down loaded for us, in march when we tried to use this on our TV on Ventura they had put an overide on all the buttons on the TV does anybody know how to overcome this

Presumably if they override the buttons there is a good reason why. If so, you should respect it, not try to overcome it.

There has been a big crackdown recently re using your own electrical items on board. For example - you can only charge items while you are in the cabin - and awake - ie. not overnight.

I can only assume there have been some safety issues, particularly with unattended chargers so it would not be a good idea to override what has clearly been done for safety.

There has been a big crackdown recently re using your own electrical items on board. For example - you can only charge items while you are in the cabin - and awake - ie. not overnight.

I can only assume there have been some safety issues, particularly with unattended chargers so it would not be a good idea to override what has clearly been done for safety.

There was a fire on the Azura when we were last on that I think was caused by hair straighteners left on. You often read on this Forum the suggestion to take multi-points with you so you can charge all your items together. This is a safety issue. We never leave any item charging at home or on a cruise unless we are present.

Not sure about a crackdown, or if there is no one has told the room stewards, we had everything on charge 24-7 and nothing was ever unplugged when we returned to the cabin.

"Multi media box" could mean a variety of devices but the simplest is just a USB stick loaded with films that you plug into the USB port on a TV, it doesnt have it own power source (plug) so would be a minimal fire risk.

The reason they override all the buttons on a remote and this includes land based hotels as well as cruise ships is simply to stop people pressing buttons they dont understand and making changes to the settings.

Usually the remote is dumb downed to on/off volume up/down and channel selection.

Otherwise people would be on the phone to reception all day saying theyve brought a menu up they cant get rid of, theyve lost all contrast, cant get any channels, its only playing radio the TV picture has gone, they cant get out of the settings screen, they have accidentally enabled parental lock and cant change channel etc or as kids sometimes think is funny they add the need for a pin code before you can do anything or they change the menu language to Arabic or similar.

Not sure which ship you were on Richleeds but the crackdown has been discussed on a variety of fora and we were also given a pep talk at the muster drill on Adonia in August about not leaving items on charge unattended. I can't say if the cabin steward knew since we obeyed the new rules so there was nothing to unplug. I never leave items charging at home unattended either since it is a known fire risk. Even attended I am alarmed at how hot some transformers become.

Edited by Host Sharon

Not sure which ship you were on Richleeds but the crackdown has been discussed on a variety of fora and we were also given a pep talk at the muster drill on Adonia in August about not leaving items on charge unattended. I can't say if the cabin steward knew since we obeyed the new rules so there was nothing to unplug. I never leave items charging at home unattended either since it is a known fire risk. Even attended I am alarmed at how hot some transformers become.

Ventura. Yes also pep at muster, it was also mentioned on the tv on the loop channel with ship info and the daily programme.

Not sure about a crackdown, or if there is no one has told the room stewards, we had everything on charge 24-7 and nothing was ever unplugged when we returned to the cabin.

Ventura. Yes also pep at muster, it was also mentioned on the tv on the loop channel with ship info and the daily programme.

So you ignored it???