Norwegian spirt 14 February 2015

stugeron

Hi, anyone booked this cruise too?

We have never used NCL before and we are interested to hear from others that may have. Although would be lovely to hear from all that are going on this cruise.

We shall be celebrating our 40th anniversary for this trip.

We have done this cruise several times before but have never got off the ship in Morroco. This time we would like to get off but are looking for helpful advise. We have sat in the dock too many times.

Can anyone tell me what the dress code is of an evening, I know there is no formal dress, but I do like to dress up a bit!

Hope to hear from someone soon!

Shiralee and Dennis.

Hi, anyone booked this cruise too?

We have never used NCL before and we are interested to hear from others that may have. Although would be lovely to hear from all that are going on this cruise.

We shall be celebrating our 40th anniversary for this trip.

We have done this cruise several times before but have never got off the ship in Morroco. This time we would like to get off but are looking for helpful advise. We have sat in the dock too many times.

Can anyone tell me what the dress code is of an evening, I know there is no formal dress, but I do like to dress up a bit!

Hope to hear from someone soon!

Shiralee and Dennis.

I just checked the Roll Call board and it doesn't appear anyone has started one for that sailing so go over there and start one. Other people on that sailing will then be able to join and you can arrange a meet up on board. That is the best way to correspond with others who are on that sailing.

Morrocco is OK. Those who say it is not are not well versed in foreign travel and think it should be a cross between home and disneyland. It is not. It is a long way from the greatest place I have ever visited but I enjoyed looking at the new mosque there (no I am not a muslim) as the way it is built I found interesting. I also enjoyed going around the market and looking at the fruits and vegetables. You could do the ship tour which will take you around the main sites by bus rather than going it alone. You will have someone to keep you safe and well and not too much walking around. The ship does a free shuttle into the town. Most who do that, because it is cheap as in free, come scurrying right back. The street vendors are right there when the bus stops, they know the ship is in and know where the bus will stop. They can be a pain. Then there is the traffic which scares folks from crossing the roads and the fact that what is worth seeing is a bit spread out.

There is no dress code at any time of day apart from they like people to wear some clothing! I just wear trousers and tops. Maybe slightly better ones at night. No need for ball gowns and tuxedos. Just wear what you want to wear and know that nobody will be passing judgement or care. If you are celebrating your 40th anniversary I don't think I need to mention not wearing Jeans with holes in them or fashionable rips! The clientele on these sailings are mostly British, German and Russian! A few other nationalities to spice things up a little. It is usually a very mixed age group but mostly families with pre-school children and those who are old enough to work and choose their own holiday time or who are retired early or other. Your sailing may have more school age children as it is around half term time.

If you have any more questions ask away. Some folk here like to help and I have sailed the Spirit and the same itinerary more than a few times.

Thank you Jean very helpful.

I did realise that there was no formal nights but like to dress up as if going out,(which you are really). Not a fan of trousers as I am slightly short. So will stick to skirts and tops.

I think we will take a excursion for Morroco feel it's much safer. There is a Cathedral there that I would like to see,not sure where it is though! Will look into that one.

I tried to start a roll call and thought I had with this thread. But my Husband has managed to stat one. He would love you to join it!

So you have done several cruises with NCL so that,I hope,is a good advert!

Have you cruised with anyone else?

We had our first cruise on Thomsons and had quite a few with them, but then went onto Princess, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. I am looking forward to this cruise.

Shiralee x