Carnival Sunshine vs RC Freedom of the Seas

Noelle2375

Hello! We are in the process of booking our 2nd cruise. The first one was on the RC Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean cruise. This time, we are going between the Carnival Sunshine and the Freedom of the seas again but Eastern Caribbean this time. Anyone have any suggestions or preferences either way? We will be traveling with a 5 and 3 year old. Thank you.

Ordinarily I recommend trying different things, but not in this case. I've been on both and Carnival Sunshine doesn't compare to Freedom of the Seas. Sunshine is CCL's attempt at re-naming a failure of a ship (Carnival Destiny). They did a nice job re-decorating it and it might have been a nice change, but then they decided to add a signficant amount more cabins making an already crowded ship almost unbearable.

Ordinarily I recommend trying different things, but not in this case. I've been on both and Carnival Sunshine doesn't compare to Freedom of the Seas. Sunshine is CCL's attempt at re-naming a failure of a ship (Carnival Destiny). They did a nice job re-decorating it and it might have been a nice change, but then they decided to add a signficant amount more cabins making an already crowded ship almost unbearable.

Thank you for your response! The RC cruise is cheaper too, so that helps! :)