NCL In Cabin Movies

rsato

This may be known to others, but at least the NCL Pearl has a printed schedule for the week of movies they are showing on your cabin's two movie channels. The Pearl movie channels only showed the upcoming 2 films in between movies so you often didn't know what was coming on. They actually showed some pretty recent movies (Draft Day) as well as very old standards (Wizard of Oz). You get the schedule at the front desk. Dan the Man said they are saving paper by not giving everyone a schedule, but considering how many shopping guides end up in the trash you have to wonder about than...

Don't get too excited. We just got off the Dawn (2 weeks) and before I give my experience I will say that I didn't think of looking at the movie schedule until the second week when we had an unexpected sea day. What I found was that both channels pretty much showed the same movies and they same about 5 movies were shown repeatedly throughout the day. That was fine until I decided to check the next day and the next day and the exact same movies were still being shown. Didn't bother to check after that.

We have been on the Epic and the Spirit and haven't seen a printed film list - though we didn't ask. I agree they do rotate the films throughout the day. We were quite lucky though because most of them were modern classics (Forrest Gump, Pretty Woman, etc) plus a few of the more recent films that they had also been shown on the big cinema screen.

The paid for selection was good though and wasn't expensive, lots to choose from if you fancy a few hours relaxing after a busy day.

do they not have movies you can "rent" from the front desk? Sailing on HAL in the past you were able to borrow a movie for 24hrs at no charge.. and they had a pretty decent selection, maybe 800 movies to choose from, possibly more.

Not in our experience, you could only order them for a fee. But they showed quite a few films on the big screen.

do they not have movies you can "rent" from the front desk? Sailing on HAL in the past you were able to borrow a movie for 24hrs at no charge.. and they had a pretty decent selection, maybe 800 movies to choose from, possibly more.

Not for people in regular cabins. On newer ships with interactive TV systems they have pay-for-view movies (included some movies with $0 price) and on all ships the suite passengers can borrow movies from about 80-90 movie selection by asking their butler.

hm thats a shame. not a huge deal because i don't plan on spending too much time in the cabin anyways but it was a nice option if you felt like just vegging out one day or even before bed watching a movie. ah well, its a good excuse to go out and do other stuff in lieu of that :)