Which is better Carnival Gift Cards or Cruise Cash

jen241976

We are going on a family (12 of us) cruise next summer. I am planning on giving "money" to the kids at Christmas to be used during the cruise. Which is better to give the Carnival gift cards or Cruise Cash? Why is one better than the other? Or is a pre-paid debit card a better route to go?

I think the gift cards is the way to go for the gifts. You can purchase gift card holders to wrap them in.

There is nothing to hold in hand for cruise cash. In the unlikely event you don’t spend it all you lose it.

We do purchase cruise photo and cruise bar about $50 each. The bar we use to purchase bottomless bubbles and the photo for photos.

We purchase gift cards a lot. If we receive a refund at the end of a cruise we use the money for gift cards. You give the gift card to guest services and have it added to a sail & sign account. Any unused amount will be refunded.

also note-- since the kids may be minors-- if they over spend you will still be responsible.

my grand daughter liked her spending.. used it for the virgin slushie drinks.

Not much more for her to buy onboard.

We do purchase cruise photo and cruise bar about $50 each. The bar we use to purchase bottomless bubbles and the photo for photos.

I say if you're gonna do it, just buy the generic Cruise Cash that can be used at the bar, for photos, in the gift shop or anywhere else on board.