Dinner Lido on Glory

wanderingjew

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Only a handful of times we have eaten at the buffet instead of the MDR for dinner and there was maybe 10 people total eating at the buffet while we were there.Its actually strange more people who don't want to get dressed for dinner don't do the dinner buffet.Maybe the cruise line thinks its a waste of food to put out such a big buffet for so few people

[quote name='4104ever']You read that they discontinued serving dinner in the lido buffet??
Where did you read this at? I was on Glory 9/6-9/13 and all was as usual.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that update, 4104. I have wondered about this... I was on the Conquest in January of this year with my lady friend and noticed a couple times when walking thru the buffet shortly before and after dinner time that it seemed to be closed. Im travelling solo on the Glory Sept 27 and prefer to skip the MDR as Im a quiet sort, but those couple times on the Conquest made me wonder if I'd starve to death, lol.

[quote name='mikel24m']I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Only a handful of times we have eaten at the buffet instead of the MDR for dinner and there was maybe 10 people total eating at the buffet while we were there.Its actually strange more people who don't want to get dressed for dinner don't do the dinner buffet.Maybe the cruise line thinks its a waste of food to put out such a big buffet for so few people[/quote]

I've always seen plenty of people eating dinner in the buffet. Of course it isn't like breakfast or lunch as the MDRs are open and most go there. So the huge buffet area makes it seem like it isn't busy.

Remember, the lido buffet is sized for lunch and breakfast when most choose to dine there. Not for its much smaller dinner crowd.

I was wondering about this as well. I saw some recent fun times for Glory and normally under alternative dining they list the buffet....but not in recent fun times.

Not overly concerned either way as we normally eat in the MDR, and never gone hungry on a cruise....in fact probably wouldn't hurt to skip a few meals! :)

[quote name='SadieN']The whole buffet is not open, only a line or two. On the Conquest the aft lines were open, not the forward ones.[/quote]

nothing at all like breakfast and lunch. And it is closed by 9:30pm
(opens at 6pm and not one minute before--