Please Help !!!!!

aurore

I am a French student (in a business school in Paris), and for my education, I am carrying out a survey for a fragrance and cosmetics company. The topic of the survey is "the fragrance and cosmetics duty free shops on cruise lines". Information is quite hard to find (as this segment is very small and precise) and I would be grateful if you could give me some information about duty free shops (in cosmetics and fragrances) onboard.

For example, the information I would need are :

Which products and brand are sold? (if you have any catalogue or brochure)
What are the best sellers ?
Which brands do you prefer to buy and which kind of product (75 ml, miniature, coffrets, skincare and so on..)?

How are the shops ? Are the customers free in the shop ? How are the sales people?

Are there a lot of incentives and promotions ?

What are the customer's behaviors, motivations and profiles? why people buy on board (for example : to spend time, because it is cheaper, because they forgot something at home, and so on...)

Do you prefer to shop in the ports of call ? If so, Why ?

I would like to get your personal impressions about that (and your shopping experience onboard) and any other information, which you consider could be helpful to me.

I thank you in advance and hope you will be able to help me !

Aurore

Bonjour! I can only give you information that I've experienced in shopping on-board a cruise ship. I attended a perfume seminar at one of the shops on-board. We filled out surveys regarding our interest, what types of smells that we enjoy, etc. From the survey, the shop worker explained what type of fragrance you would probably enjoy wearing (earthy, clean, floral, etc.) She handed out samples of each of these for all of us to try. She was correct as far as I was concerned. I enjoy a clean or fresh scented perfume. I bought a large bottle of Izzy Miyake for around $40. It is still one of my favorite fragrances. The prices are very good also and it is duty-free. I also bought Fossil watches for all of the men in my family at about $20 cheaper than I can get them in the U.S.

The customers are free in the shops and the cruise ship workers are very helpful and seem to know a good deal about what they are selling. They do run specials during the cruises.

I hope this helps. Maybe some of the other cruises can give you a lot more information than me. Good luck!

<font color="#0000CC" face="Lydian Csv BT" size="4">~~Shelia~~</font></p>
Sailing the Mariner in.......
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
<font color="#003399" face="Benguiat Bk BT">Carnival Destiny 2002</font>

Aurore....I don't have personal experience in this, as I am happy with the products I already use and never look at what is onboard for purchase.
However, i think you would hit a larger market on this topic if you copy and paste your above post and post it directly on the royal caribbean and/or Princess message boards on these boards. Good luck!

Kim
Dawn Princess
Regal Princess
Grand Princess
Mercury - Celebrity
Windward - NCL
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;5;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0000[/img]

Archived