Formal and informal-same black dressy suit for hubby

twobluecats

Hi. Last year we were on a seven night cruise and purchased an outstanding and very classy black suit with the longer style jacket for my husband. It looks fabulous on him and he received many compliments when he wore in on formal nights. Question? We are cruising for 14 nights this year and I was planning to purchase a sports coat for him to take for informal nights. I was thinking (from a packing perspective) of having him wear the black suit on both formal and informal and just change the ties and shirts out......any suggestions for really snazzing up this already snazzy suit for formal nights? Perhaps a vest or bowtie instead of a traditional tie?? HELP!

Informal nites really tend to be sport jackets and slacks or less (Celebrity experience), docker type pants/jacket may do very well and dockers will be fine on casual nites. That would limit packing numbers and weight.

Holly

M/S Boheme 11/69

Rhapsody 2/77?

Azure Sea 3/89

Panama Canal 11/90

Mexican Riviera 3/98

Carnival Triumph 12/99

Carnival Spirit 12/01

NCL Dream 11/17/02

Celebrity Mercury 6/1/03

carnival Victory 3/28/04

What cruise line? My DH ALWAYS wears a suit on informal nights and sometimes wears his sports jacket on casual country club casual nights. You could go with a vest and bow tie or long tie or ascot for formal, maybe even a balck formal shirt, and a white shirt with a regular but colorful tie on informal, or a blue shirt with traditional tie for informal. My Dh loves really colorful (Ralph Lauren, Versace, or Tommy Hillfiger but not button-down) shirts with colorful but classy ties (Versace, Jerry Garcia, Lauren or TH) for informal, or Tommy Bahama solid color shirts and print ties for casual WITH a linen or tweedy sports jacket. It kind of depends on your age/style preferences. DH dresses hip but not edgy for cruising. icon_wink.gif

Archived