Best Coffee??

Bigmama2n1

If you read my last post I asked about the best Iced Tea.

My husband is a great lover of Folgers Coffee. Do any of the lines serve it?

We found the coffee on board our first ever cruise to be only drinkable when we had to have our morning caffeine kick. I will say the dining room coffee was better, but the stuff room service brought us in the plastic coffee cups was horrible.

Elation 07/24/05

That's strange. On both the Carnival Holiday and Sensation, room service sent a carafe of coffee and regular coffee cups like in the dining room - not plastic. I thought the coffee was okay, just not quite strong enough to suit me, but I don't think I'd complain about something like coffee or tea. You don't get the best (or what you're used to) in any hotel or restaurant, either.;)

I have cruised NCL, Carnival, Celebrity and HAL and the one thing all had in common was that the coffee was made from syrup not coffee grounds. I have found the only way to get coffee that I like is take my own and that is what I will be doing on my upcoming 25 day cruise. HAL did have great espresso in the Java Cafe but that is gone now and to get good coffee you have to pay extra for it.

Coffee in syrup form?

I had a little chat with the F&B director on one of my Carnival cruises (that's my background, so I have a great interest and enjoy these chats)... Anyhoo, he said they use the filter packs of ground coffee for all their machines. He said the only syrup they use is for the fruitpunch.

Carnival has wonderful (complimentary) espresso and cappuccino after all meals in the dining room, but not at the Lido Deck buffet. I always have a double espresso with my dessert every evening, and I often have cappuccino after b'fast and lunch.:)

Glad you found that out. I was relying on second hand accounts and I believed it because I knew that Disney World used Nescafe Coffee Syrup in the past and that is why their coffee tasted like instant. I know the coffee in the dining rooms is much better that the Lido coffee and I thought that was why. I will take notice on my next cruise which is on Holland America. I have also read on other message boards that the ice tea on several lines is made from an ice tea syrup. Now I wonder if that is true. I know I don't care of the Lido ice tea and make my own with the great tea bags they offer.

Can't complain about their coffee. It was god all through the day. Princess was another story as they use the syrup and it has a grain taste like Postum or some coffee stretched with some other ingredient (not N.O. chickory). Sailed Carnival2 years ago and theirs was fine, must be a new thing tosave money.

We are sailing on HAL in Nov and will pack the pot and ground coffee just in case. Hopefullly they can't ruin hot water.:eek:

• 1 month later...

My experience was just the opposite. The lido deck coffee was horrible on Carnival Fascination, but the room service coffee each morning was delicious! The main dining room coffee was just OK. We are headed out on the Fascination again in two weeks and definately looking forward to morning room service!!

Archived