White dress Mid Sept?

tinsel57

OK, I am wrestling with this. A white formal caught my eye, sure is pretty, but my cruise is mid Sept. Does the old adage still hold? No white after labor day? It is a Caribbean Cruise so I kind of think there will still be quite a bit of light colors around. Sure would show off a tan!

What do you think?

tinsel57

As much as I can't bring myself to wear white sgoes before Memorial Day or after Labor Day, I think the "rules" are different in tropical climates.

My vote is that it's OK to wear a white dress in the Caribbean September.

I feel white in the tropics is appropiate year round. I plan on wearing a white dress on my Dec Carib cruise.

Kathy

Last Cruise -- Maasdam - E. Carrib - 11/03

Next Cruise -- Volendam - Eastfarer - 12/04

tinsel- definitely go with the white formal dress. white is very elegant, and it does show off a tan beautifully. i live in s. florida and the white rule just doesn't make sense down here when its summer most of the time; same goes for the caribbean... can you post a pic of it on here?

What a beautiful dress! I say go for it!

For our Hawaii cruise in December, I made my 13 y.o. daughter a white satin formal with the skirt covered in a sheer overlay with silver snowflakes. Yeah, maybe kinda corny for Hawaii, but she wore it on Christmas day and looked like a princess!

Next up: Diamond Princess 11/20/04!

I, too, have the "no white after Labor Day" thing stuck in my head. Matter of fact, I just washed my favorite white jeans and keep trying to tell myself it's O.K. to wear them now!

I have given myself a break and bring white shoes on Caribbean cruises any time of year. Your dress is beautiful. Definately bring it!

lszu

Sovereign 7/99

Monarch 7/00

Vision 9/01

Voyager 9/02

Adventure 9/03

Oh my lord! Do people still follow "rules" like this???? I wear what I want when I want. Remember, you can break the "rules" and look great! You can also follow the "rules" and look like crap! Go with the white dress icon_smile.gif

Melissa icon_smile.gif

Haven't you heard lately on all the fashion shows...the rule of white after Labor Day does not apply now days. Wear it and feel good about it!!!

Kim

Dawn Princess

Regal Princess

Grand Princess

Mercury - Celebrity

Windward - NCL

Monarch of the Seas

Voyager of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;5;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0000

Beautiful dress!! Living in Florida, I make the white rule (even if the rule is outdated--my mother was a diehard southern lady who adhered to the rule faithfully) last at least until late October!! I always start earlier than Memorial Day as well--as soon as things warm up consistently (usually March). Again, the dress is beautiful--don't worry!

Sovereign of the Seas 6/00

Fascination 6/01

Fantasy 6/03

Sovereign 6/04

icon_razz.gifHaven't you been keeping up with the latest trends? Blue and green are the new neutrals. Yes, you can wear brown and blue together. And white is fine all year round regardless of the climate. When it's cold and snowy they just call it "winter white"

Happy cruising!!

Thanks for listening

Go For IT!! Remember the "rule" about not being dressed appropriately wthout hose? Even in strappy sandals/open toed shoes? People show their ignorance by laughing at this one because so many women have broken the rule that it is no longer a rule but an absurdity! No white after labor day is no longer a rule--especially on a cruise, in the Caribbean, with a GREAT OUTFIT!! icon_biggrin.gif

Archived