Getaway movement?

dna529

I have seen a lot of comments lately on Facebook about people experiencing significant movement on the Getaway recently without any rough seas. Any ideas about why this would happen on such a big ship? I wondered about this when we were in the carnival Dream in April and we felt a lot of movement. I'm not usually bothered by it, but my kids are sometimes. Any thoughts or experiences?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

We were on the Getaway in March we hit some big swells going from St Thomas to the Bahamas and a lot of people did get sick I was one of them.

I asked the Cruise Director about it the next day and he even said he was a little sea sick.

I still loved the ship and would do it again in a minute. Just take medicine for sea sickness everyday if you are prone to motion sickness.

People assume that the size of these ships will automatically mean that they sail smooth. While they usually do, they tend to feel "snappy" and vibrate rapidly when seas get rough. This tends to exacerbate feeling of movement. Ships that are very "beamy" (post-Panamax) have this issue. Ships that are of the 85,000 to 90,000 ton range typically do not. They tend to be narrower and longer (less floating barge).

Sent from my iPad using Forums