Tony & Bethany's 26th Anniversary Freedom Cruise Review 8/24-9/1 with pics

Singer4Him

I'm really enjoying your review and your pictures are beautiful. We've never been on Freedom before but have been to all of the islands you visited and they are some of my favorites...I love the itinerary you did. We finally got a chance to see Freedom, from the air, docked at Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) when we were flying into Miami for our most recent cruise, on Liberty, one of Freedom's sister ships. Freedom was docked with RCI Oasis of the Seas that day and we were able to get pictures and zoomed in, could not get over how much of a difference they were in size. I knew Oasis was big, but actually seeing them together like that...WOW!!! I like the picture you got of them together docked in St. Maarten. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your review and thank you for taking the time to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, everyone, for not being as diligent as I would like on the review. We've had an out of town speaking engagement, our son's wedding, an out of town meeting and my FIL who lives about 600 miles away is in poor health so we've been trying to take care of that as well. I will try to finish the review but your patience in the meantime is so greatly appreciated!

Great review! 'Did you try any of the up charge restaurants and were they worth it? Also how much is a taxi from the hyatt place to the port in FLL ? thanks...going on 11/29 8n to GTK, La Romana, Curacao, Aruba...

flcruiselovers, we didn't try Sun King Steakhouse, which, I believe, is the only "up charge" restaurant aboard the Freedom, so I can't speak for it. What we had during the cooking demonstration in there on the first day was delicious but that's the only experience we had with it.

As for the cost for the cab, it was $15 and that included our tip. I don't remember the cost for the shuttle through the hotel but we enjoyed being able to work in our own time frame and not have to wait on others, so this was the best option for us.

HTH!

• 1 month later...